Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > wearing the inside of my tires....grrr

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

wearing the inside of my tires....grrr

Right now on my car i have three brand new tires and on the right rear i have a tire with 10% left. When i dropped my car i aligned everything and thought i was good to go. My car seems to pull to the right a bit and the inside of my rear tires are wearing......is it because of the right rear tire? I went back to the alignment guy and he says that its normal.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
its because you lowered your car and it is due to the camber....
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
Rep
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?

Neg. camber will wear the inside of the tires. It's great for handling though, max neg. camber on a track is a good thing, but not so good on the street.

Try to keep the camber at -1 to -1.5 for the street, and if you track your car -2.5 to -3.5