E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Drivers side door pull 59 plate E90.

09-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #1
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

Drivers side door pull 59 plate E90.

The material in the door pull on my 2009 E90 has started to bubble so I took it into my local stealer to see what they could do under the warranty. They were happy to replace the trim on both sides over the windows (from bottom of A pillar to rear of rear passenger window) as these had started to flake and looked crap. They also replaced the aircon switch surround panel which had started to peel. However when they saw the door pull I was told that they didnt consider it a warranty issue. They would replace it as they had ordered the part in, but it would be sent to BMW and if BMW agreed with the stealer they would charge for the job (£500!!!!!)
Needless to say its still there. Who the hell is going to agree to a warranty repair on the condition that at sometime in the future your credit card could be hit for £500?? How does a plastic recess in the door pull cost that much anyway?
Appreciate 0