Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > RFTs..

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-21-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
Carguy1965
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 325I,07 Avalanche 65 Impala

RFTs..

Well I just got back from a three day jaunt. Halfway there I ran over something that put a hole the size of the old thumb in the right rear. The RFT got us to town, and per my previous decision I went ahead and swapped to BFG g-force KDWs. (fantastic tire but thats another story). I know it got me to town, but I sure hated those tires. Here is my question. There has to be some way to actually carry a spare and jack?? Any suggestions/solutions anyone has come up with. Trust me folks a can of goo or a mobility kit would not have done the trick with a hole like this one. I could literally put my thumb in the tire. I will gladly give up some trunk space, its just the two of us if I can get a suitable spare for
less than the cost of 4 new tires?? Any suggestions would be much appreciated..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #2
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i mt

Not trying to be rude, but do you think that you are the first person who has asked this question?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 09:30 AM   #3
Carguy1965
Enlisted Member
Rep

No, Im sure Im not. But Im new to the forum, and rather than search thousands of threads, I thought some helpful person on the forum might just answer the question, instead of trying to prove their smart by pointing out the obvious.. Thanks for the help..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
calle_enell
Car keeps stalling out...5 times now.
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Get a mobility kit, AAA memberhip, BMW assist, a cell phone and cell phone charger, VISA card..and pray that it never happens in the middle of night in the middle of nowhere. Odds are, that if tires are properly inflated and no to old (keep em fresh) that you will not have this happen to often.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
Carguy1965
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the info, Im doing all the above plus getting the LeatherZ spare tire. It wont take up that much space. I would have been in a world of hurt last week
If I had not had the RFT, and there wasnt enough tire goo in the world toplug that one, This way Im covered for sure. For what its worth I put 110 mile on the RFT and it still appeared to be going strong..
Appreciate 0