E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Meeting - Test driving different tunes

08-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
LAE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Meeting - Test driving different tunes

I live in Los Angeles, and I have a 6MT COBB OTS Stg 1+ on 30% E85, but was wondering if people with different tunes (Giac, Procede, JB4, Stack tunes) would want to meet up!?! (On a weekend around 10-11, time & days are flexible, I will PM those who reply)

If there is even just 1 person with a Procede and 1 person with a JB4 willing to meet up, this meet will happen. The meeting location can be close to the two individuals willing to meet up as I am the one requesting the meet. I will have a full tank of gas ready to run.

This meet will ideally be a short caravan and hopefully some passenger drive along's so that we can discuss how we FEEL the tunes are in terms of our experiences long, short, initial impressions, troubleshooting, and so on. We will not be driving each others cars.

Honestly, and this is not to start another Procede vs Cobb tuner war, I just want to see and feel the difference for myself. I have had my COBB AP for over a year, its been great, but MAYBE having a autotune JB4 to optimize my E85, or just the better throttle to boost response from Procede (along with a little more power) would be nice too. I know there are pro's and con's to every tune and to each his own, but I want to experience the different tunes myself. I'm tired of analyzing graphs, dynos, 1/4 mile times. I just want to know what tune will provide the best solution for my styles.

Honestly even if you are stock and you just want a short ride along in my COBB tuned car to feel the difference with your car, I am more than willing to provide that bit of enlightenment to show you if it is what you were looking for.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
LAE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92

Damn - I was really hoping to get to ride in a car with a person running a Procede tune with E85, any help?
Appreciate 0