Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Softest ride with Drop

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-20-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
SP335
Private
Rep
Drives: none

Softest ride with Drop

If i want the softest ride possible, what would be better, coilovers or sports springs?

Oh by the way dropped on 20s.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I would say Koni FSD with Eibach, but I am not sure. But why would you want a soft ride? Handling will be crap.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
Mr Practical
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335 - TiAg

you might hav better luck moving this post to the Suspensions forum down the hall.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Coilovers beyond the shadow of a doubt. The ride will be much softer, and this is the main reason why I switched from H&R Sports to KWV2.
      07-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
danielg
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i sedan

my H&R coilovers are pretty soft...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
I would say Koni FSD with Eibach,
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

have kw v2 coilovers dropped on 20 inch wheels and the ride is still good...
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #8
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
Rep
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?

Dont take this the wrong way, but, why did you get a 335i if your planning on putting 20's on it, and want a Lincoln Town Car like ride?

Performance obviously isn't something your interested in, you could have saved some money and just got a 328.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #9
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Johnson View Post
Dont take this the wrong way, but, why did you get a 335i if your planning on putting 20's on it, and want a Lincoln Town Car like ride?

Performance obviously isn't something your interested in, you could have saved some money and just got a 328.
look at my sig...does it look like my 335i needs to be a performer? yeah, exactly.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 02:51 AM   #10
Cadillac Johnson
Rep

Great, your rich, and your an asshole.

but that still doesn't answer my question...

Why the 335i over a 328i if your looking for a plush, blinged out ride?
      07-22-2007, 03:31 AM   #11
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Great, your rich, and your an asshole.

but that still doesn't answer my question...

Why the 335i over a 328i if your looking for a plush, blinged out ride?

lol if you didnt want me to take it the wrong way, then why were u offended by my simple answer i was giving back? ...... im rich and im an asshole? you obviously belong on the mustang forums bashing people who drive bmws or porsches, and automatically assume the driver or owner is a "rich asshole". one single sentence makes me a "rich asshole?" hmm ok talk about getting butt hurt. its amazing that this statement is coming from a fellow BMW enthusiast, or so you will be. wait.... ARE you really coming from a mustang or srt-4? its also funny how 99% of the people i know through various car forums in real life don't apply this statement to me either; and trust me that 99% isn't only "10" or "20" people, it's probably at least 100. im also not saying that every single person i met or am going to meet through a forum or at a car meet IS gonna love me. not to brag at all or anything but just trying to prevent any future childish comments. your one of those idiots who if i walked into a bentley dealership wearing shorts, a plain t shirt, and some sandals; you wouldn't even mind helping, yet the salesperson beside you gets the $50,000 commission because he wasnt dumb enough to assume. you never judge a book by its cover. im not trying to argue or anything, im just trying to help your ass in the future because when that 335 comes you better have the right attitude unless your a jealous person or new money.

im not meaning to make my 335i a "plush, blinged out ride," i just thought since my friend was giving me these wheels for a great deal - especially since its the only set in the US according to him, why pass it up? plus i really liked the way they looked on the car when we test fitted them. the kw v2 coilovers set on the stiffest setting make the car handle pretty well. you wouldn't even think the car is on 20 inch wheels but of course i cant drive with that setting everyday. i havent even had the wheels for a week yet and just because i got them doesnt mean im not gonna switch them out for 19s eventually, which i probably will; i like those LMs.....

Last edited by nico335; 07-22-2007 at 03:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 04:21 AM   #12
Cadillac Johnson
Rep

I didn't assume anything, I simply asked you a question, even began with "Dont take this the wrong way" as I was curious why you would buy a performance (sorta) car, and then ruin it's sporting nature by putting big heavy wheels and a soft suspension on it. I figured if you wanted the look, why not just go for a 328i?

As far as assuming BMW owners are assholes, that is far from the truth. I only called YOU an asshole after YOU made a reference to your collection, saying that you dont need a performance car, because you have all these cars already. You happend to say it in a conceited way, which led to me calling you an asshole. Read your post again, when you said that, you came across very snobbish. I've never grouped any owners of any cars together, why would I generalize that all BMW owners are assholes, when I'm going to be one shortly?

Your assuming that since I called you an asshole, that I was insulting all BMW owners. Once again, why would I do that when I plan on becoming one in the future? You also assumed that since I'm calling you an asshole that I must be associated with a certain group of enthusiasts. Who exactly is showing predjudice?

As far as the future, you may want to listen to you own advice and think before you type a response that could be taken wrong. If you dont see a pig headed attitude in your response regarding your extensive collection, then I feel sorry for you.

The second paragraph in post #11 would have been a much better way to answer my original question. If you had simply said that, instead of "look at all my cars, why do I need performance from my 335? Yeah, I thought so." We could have saved ourselves some bickering.

I will apologize for calling you an asshole, however, I do hope you realize that bragging about what you have isn't the best way to represent yourself on a forum. As well as look at your hypocritical attitude when saying someone is predjudiced and then showing predjudice yourself in the same post.
      07-22-2007, 04:26 AM   #13
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
I didn't assume anything, I simply asked you a question, even began with "Dont take this the wrong way" as I was curious why you would buy a performance (sorta) car, and then ruin it's sporting nature by putting big heavy wheels and a soft suspension on it. I figured if you wanted the look, why not just go for a 328i?

As far as assuming BMW owners are assholes, that is far from the truth. I only called YOU an asshole after YOU made a reference to your collection, saying that you dont need a performance car, because you have all these cars already. You happend to say it in a conceited way, which led to me calling you an asshole. Read your post again, when you said that, you came across very snobbish. I've never grouped any owners of any cars together, why would I generalize that all BMW owners are assholes, when I'm going to be one shortly?

Your assuming that since I called you an asshole, that I was insulting all BMW owners. Once again, why would I do that when I plan on becoming one in the future? You also assumed that since I'm calling you an asshole that I must be associated with a certain group of enthusiasts. Who exactly is showing predjudice?

As far as the future, you may want to listen to you own advice and think before you type a response that could be taken wrong. If you dont see a pig headed attitude in your response regarding your extensive collection, then I feel sorry for you.

The second paragraph in post #11 would have been a much better way to answer my original question. If you had simply said that, instead of "look at all my cars, why do I need performance from my 335? Yeah, I thought so." We could have saved ourselves some bickering.

I will apologize for calling you an asshole, however, I do hope you realize that bragging about what you have isn't the best way to represent yourself.
apology accepted.

I'LL apologize for coming on as an arrogant asshole. i just didn't realize that simple sentence would turn into a big misunderstanding because IT IS kind of hard to tell, over the internet, how a person is saying something, whether they mean it in a mean way or a simple way. i meant it in a simple way.

its 2am here and im grouchy and tired. for my own good, maybe i shouldnt come on the forums this late especially since i cant even think straight!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 04:37 AM   #14
Cadillac Johnson
Rep

No problem.

I understand when reading something sometimes it's taken the wrong way, as it's up to the person doing to reading to interpret it's intent.

I didn't mean any harm with my original post, and probly jumped the gun in my response. All is well in BMW land.
      07-22-2007, 04:38 AM   #15
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
No problem.

I understand when reading something sometimes it's taken the wrong way, as it's up to the person doing to reading to interpret it's intent.

I didn't mean any harm with my original post, and probly jumped the gun in my response. All is well in BMW land.
:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #16
SP335
Private
Rep

Obviously I dont want to the car to ride like a cadillac. I was joking. No matter what your suspension is with 20s (which seem to be a lightening rod for people on this board) the car is going to ride hard. I was exaggerating. If I could get close to stock I would be happy.

I should have just posted Coilovers VS springs, which have better ride? for all you 20s haters out there.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

it's crazy to ask for a car that's lowered with 20" wheels to ride soft, it's sort of like trying to get a girl with rediculusly huge breast implants to not look like a stripper.

if you want a soft ride, leave it stock
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
joebaggg
E60
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Attack

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
they both will suck compared to stock
      07-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #19
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I'm an asshole but I'm not rich.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #20
karan230
400 hp :)
India
Rep
Drives: SLK230 Sport

if anything, i think your 20s with the thinner sidewall are going to give you a harsh ride.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 01:50 PM   #21
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
I'm an asshole but I'm not rich.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #22
SP335
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
it's crazy to ask for a car that's lowered with 20" wheels to ride soft, it's sort of like trying to get a girl with rediculusly huge breast implants to not look like a stripper.

if you want a soft ride, leave it stock
Did you even read my follow up pos? Unfreaken believable
Appreciate 0