E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > (S676A HiFi speaker system) ??

08-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #1
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 lci

(S676A HiFi speaker system) ??

Hi guys,
I bought a preowned e90 lci 325i a month back, enjoying it, does anyone know if (S676A HiFi speaker system) option is the Harman Kardon unit? got this spec when i ran my VIN online. anyone here knows?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

This is just Hi-fi speaker system which is better than standard base sound system.
Do you have speakers on rear doors?
      08-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
This is just Hi-fi speaker system which is better than standard base sound system.
Do you have speakers on rear doors?
No speakers on rear doors, which system is this then?

Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane79 View Post
No speakers on rear doors, which system is this then?

Thanks..
You should have tweeter on front and back (rears are hidden).
It is hi-fi sound system. Look for small black amplifier in your trunk where CD exchanger sits.
      08-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You should have tweeter on front and back (rears are hidden).
It is hi-fi sound system. Look for small black amplifier in your trunk where CD exchanger sits.
where are the rear tweeters hidden?

Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane79 View Post
where are the rear tweeters hidden?

Thanks..
under the speaker grills.
      08-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
shrink
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SE

you have the same system as me:

tweeters and 4" mids in front doors
2x 8" subwoofers under front seats
tweeters and 4" mids in the rear shelf under one grille.

Its a decent enough sounding system to me, and goes more than loud enough for my needs and with enough punch. if you're lucky enough to also have the professional navigation system like my 325i, they tend to have slightly more powerful amps as well.

Its not a system i'm in a hurry to modify or replace
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrink View Post
you have the same system as me:

tweeters and 4" mids in front doors
2x 8" subwoofers under front seats
tweeters and 4" mids in the rear shelf under one grille.

Its a decent enough sounding system to me, and goes more than loud enough for my needs and with enough punch. if you're lucky enough to also have the professional navigation system like my 325i, they tend to have slightly more powerful amps as well.

Its not a system i'm in a hurry to modify or replace
Thanks for the info, yes its indeed a sweet system
any idea what is the make of the speakers? anyone checked them?

Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #9
shrink
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SE

just generic BMW speakers in the hifi system. Nothing branded. LIkely made by an external OEM like Morel or somesuch (they make a lot of drive units for the lower end of the hifi market as well).

The amplifier is I believe of alpine origin

the only thing i'd like to have seen on this system, was an equaliser, so that the frequency response could be altered more accurately than it can by just having "treble" and "bass" sliders.

In particular, i find that the lower treble in the hifi system can get a bit bright sounding with some music. It would be good to smooth out the balance a little. But its not bad enough to make me go out of my way to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrink View Post
just generic BMW speakers in the hifi system. Nothing branded. LIkely made by an external OEM like Morel or somesuch (they make a lot of drive units for the lower end of the hifi market as well).

The amplifier is I believe of alpine origin

the only thing i'd like to have seen on this system, was an equaliser, so that the frequency response could be altered more accurately than it can by just having "treble" and "bass" sliders.

In particular, i find that the lower treble in the hifi system can get a bit bright sounding with some music. It would be good to smooth out the balance a little. But its not bad enough to make me go out of my way to fix it.
Thanks a ton for the info. it is a nice system indeed
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Not to thread jack but I have a similar question... I have an 09 Lci e90 with the hifi system... do I have rear tweeters? If I do, its hidden under the grille so I dont wanna take it apart if someone can answer.

From what I understand the 06-09 hifi had tweeters in the rear and I have an 09 so I may have answered my own question... but I'm not sure if the coupe/sedan are different or what.

So I just want to confirm as I'll be purchasing an upgrade set soon, and didn't know if I should go coax or components in the rear.

Thanks folks...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I know the E92 better than the E90 but the original HiFi system (now called BMW Business) had the standard subs and added four tweeters and a separate amplifier. After March 09, as part of a savings drive by BMW (not for our benefit but for theirs) they deleted the rear tweeters in all models.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
I know the E92 better than the E90 but the original HiFi system (now called BMW Business) had the standard subs and added four tweeters and a separate amplifier. After March 09, as part of a savings drive by BMW (not for our benefit but for theirs) they deleted the rear tweeters in all models.
I'm not questioning your information because I'm a noob around here, it does further add to my confusion however. First I know my car is a hifi model, because thats what the build sheet says on bmw vin checkers online. I also know I have under seat subs, and amp, but no center channel on the dashboard.

Conventional wisdom on the boards say that the alarm was no longer pre-wired on cars that were made after 03/09... I assume, that is the case on my car. Since it was built in may (05/09)...

However you now say that part of that 'change' in 03/09 was no rear tweeters. I believe you, however I popped off my cover rear speaker cover today and staring me in the face was a separate tweeter next to the 4" speaker.

Now you're making me wonder if my car may have indeed been somehow pre-wired for an alarm despite build date of 05/09... (I haven't checked, nor do I know how to check if its pre-wired other than just looking at the build date up to now)

PS--- now I'm starting to wonder if i'm mixing up markets here as you guys are all in the UK and are perhaps spec'd differently than our cars here in the US.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #14
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbai View Post
I'm not questioning your information because I'm a noob around here, it does further add to my confusion however. First I know my car is a hifi model, because thats what the build sheet says on bmw vin checkers online. I also know I have under seat subs, and amp, but no center channel on the dashboard.

Conventional wisdom on the boards say that the alarm was no longer pre-wired on cars that were made after 03/09... I assume, that is the case on my car. Since it was built in may (05/09)...

However you now say that part of that 'change' in 03/09 was no rear tweeters. I believe you, however I popped off my cover rear speaker cover today and staring me in the face was a separate tweeter next to the 4" speaker.

Now you're making me wonder if my car may have indeed been somehow pre-wired for an alarm despite build date of 05/09... (I haven't checked, nor do I know how to check if its pre-wired other than just looking at the build date up to now)

PS--- now I'm starting to wonder if i'm mixing up markets here as you guys are all in the UK and are perhaps spec'd differently than our cars here in the US.

^^^Both of your know why there is some difference in cars / specs...
      11-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep

Quote:
^^^Both of your know why there is some difference in cars / specs...
One of those...

...moments here lol.
Appreciate 0