Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > RFT Replacement

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-20-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
mburg
MBurg
Rep
Drives: '22 230

RFT Replacement

I hit a large pothole on the hwy and bubbled an RFT on my 335i coupe - which then had to be replaced. I lease (45k mile for 3 yrs) so will likely have to replace the set before turn in. I am therefore thinking of running on non-RFTs during the lease and saving my current RFTs for the turn in at lease end. My local mechanic (BMW trained, private shop) carries Pirellis and I ran my previous 330ci on P-Zero Neros - which I liked, but he has been telling me about Nexen tires from South Korea. He's put them on BMW 540 and M5, and Mercedes AMG cars w/customers saying good things. The tires are under $100 each, even for the 335i tire size. Anyone have knowledge of these?

Also, what are ya'lls thoughts re/what to do about a spare? Get a donut and a small jack? Get the M3 "tire repair" kit (if so, what do you do about the "goop" on the inside of the rim when you replace the tire)?

Lastly, do the RFT valves need to be replaced when I put on non-RFT tires?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
STE92VE
STEVIL Empire
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Best bet is to ask around on the tire forums to find out about the Nexens. From what I saw, they seem to be OK for the price.
Regarding a spare, if you have AAA or BMW roadside assistance, don't worry about it. Call if you get a flat and get flat bedded to a repair station.
Don't think the valves need to be replaced, just reset the RFTM when you put on the new rubber.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
fizzle
is it the 5oclock free crack giveaway?
United_States
Rep
Drives: a motorized vee-hickle

yea make sure you reset. i just had mine put on and thought i was having another flat when the TPM went on. i just reset it at a rest area since i was traveling to upstate NY.
Appreciate 0