E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMS E92/E93 4 LED Fault

08-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
ROW
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330i Individual

BMS E92/E93 4 LED Fault

I purchased these BMS LEDs mid May from Juiceduptuning, they are very helpfully, prompt and i would recommend them.

Yesterday a fault light come on. Took the BMS LED bulb out and one of the led's seem to have faulted/ burnt out - as you can see from the picture.

This happen to anyone else before or know the reason this may have happened??

juiceduptuning provide 12 months warranty. Just emailed them, quick reply and i can get the pair replaced under warranty. I Just hope it isnt a recurring problem with these LED bulbs and hopefully it was just a one off especially for the price of them.

Name:  BMS.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  145.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

I had the same problem within 3 months buying them. Not as bad as yours burning out but on both 2 out of the 4 leds died. Got a quick replacement from neil but driving back yesterday and saw the car reflection in a shop window the passenger side rings do look dim than drivers side. I will have a look later on but as said i too hope these are not renoccuring fault as they are really good. However i did notice the new set the ballasts and pin connectors were different to my old set
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #3
AdamC
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCI M135i

Garage List
I bought a set of these last month.
Have been very good so far, except for the outer ring not being lit up very well.
No fault lights showing as yet.

Do these bulbs illuminate the outer ring well on anyones?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

It semi lights them up, if you look at the car head on and from a low down anglwe then yes both lrings light up. If you are standing and looking at an angle at the headlights then its part lit up
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 03:19 AM   #5
parrp
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3er

I had mine fail as well, It was only slightly burnt on the LED's. Reported it and the item was quickly replaced. The replaced one looks a different design and the radio interfere with only the new one isnt present.

The outer ring on mine is only visably lit when it goes dark.
Appreciate 0