Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Pirelli PZero Nero M+S for 07 335i

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-18-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
jprieur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Pirelli PZero Nero M+S for 07 335i

Like most, I am not happy with the stock RFT. So since my car is sitting at the dealer for the dead HPFP, I figure this is the best time to get new rubber installed. Assuming, of course, that a BMW dealership would be better at not sratching the rim when dismounting the RFT than most other places.

My questions regarding this tire for the E90:
1) For anyone who has experience with this tire on a car like this, how is it? One thing I hate about the stock RFT is the 'hop' I get at the slightest bump on corners. Traction light goes off way too much in the dry even on conservative driving.

2) To match the stock sport pkg rims, the front tire will be a Standard Load and the rear tires will be XL. Is this a big deal?

Thanks, any inputs would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Those tires are amazing. I had them mounted on my 162's when I had me E90. Best tire I had on there, plus it was all season rated...

I have commented on that tire many times, so search, and you will find my reviews...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
Rep
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?

Do you get much snow in VA beach? You drive through lots of mud in VA beach?

I'm not a meteorologist, but I'm guessing it's pretty warm there. They're mud and snow tires, since I dont think that will be an issue for you. I'd look into getting a harder compound summer tire.

Generaly, mud and snow tires are made of two seperate compounds. First one is softer to help dig in, second one is a little harder that takes you up to spring time. Probly a better idea to look into a different tire IMO.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #4
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

+1 :
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
Park2670
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

They are good tires, but I found they dont hold up to my driving style. I have gone back to back with the Neros and PS2s. Obviously there is a large price difference, but it is very worth it. I always felt like the Pirellis were sliding when turning and never hold traction when flooring it. I love the Michelins actually bought a second set
      07-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
Those tires are amazing. I had them mounted on my 162's when I had me E90. Best tire I had on there, plus it was all season rated...

I have commented on that tire many times, so search, and you will find my reviews...
Any tramlining issues? That seems to be a widely-reported problem with Zero Neros. What road surfaces predominate in your area?
Appreciate 0