E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Blower issue ???

07-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
msimon18
Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 s30i

Garage List
Blower issue ???

OK - new annoyance issue yesterday.

While I was driving to the Lake yesterday I had the air on with the system in manual (manual blower vs automatic mode). After the first few minutes of driving I noticed the blower fan speed increase to a higher level and then a few seconds later return to where it was prior. When this happend I was not able to see if the dusplay showed an increase blower speed or not. This occurred about 4 times gebofe I put it in AUTO mode and then it stoped happening.

Anyone else ever see this ????

M3 GTR - 1/5 scale - 4.2 HP w/ Collari hydraulic brakes - would you believe ~80 MPH on straightaway !!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
rogataber
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330SE (E90)

Could it be your Final Stage Resistor?

I had similar symptoms on my E46 which was determined to be due to the Final Stage Resistor - googling for the phrase "Final Stage Resistor" seems to imply that the E90 has the same part.

Roger
Appreciate 0