E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > m sport front bumpers

07-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

m sport front bumpers

I'm looking to buy an M sport front bumper for my e91 2006 330d m sport, mine has been badly repaired and cracked, looking around many are described as lci are these different from original one on my car? as they look the same as my original bumper, I also have pdc and h/l washers can I make these holes myself?

Last edited by oldbilly; 07-28-2012 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #2
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Pre-LCI is a different bumper - look at the shape of the foglight/griller appertures for the most obvious differences. When you look at them side by side they are quite different.

The LCI won't fit onto your car as the bonnet, grilles, wings and lights are different on an LCI, so you definitely need pre-LCI unless you fancy fitting all of the other parts from an LCI.

You could make the holes yourself but do you trust your own ability to make them as clean and symmetrical as BMW? Also, have a look inside your own bumper if there are any little clips or other design quirks on the inside which are used to hold the PDC sensors and headlight washers - often these things are clipped in on the inside of the bumper but I can't speak for the e90. I do understand it will be harder to find a bumper with these holes already but it may be the best bet to keep everything looking factory and neat.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
seanblee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 M340i

I'm pretty sure all new bumpers come without PDC holes but have markings on the inside to show where you need to drill (ideally using a step drill). Headlamp washers, on the other hand, are a bit more complicated - it's not just a hole, it's got a recessed lip around the inside for the cover to sit on when the washer is retracted. I think, therefore, you need to find one with washer holes but don't worry too much about the PDC holes.
      07-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #4
oldbilly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d e91 M Sport

Thank's for the advice, so its the side apertures that differ, I thought it would be a matter of buying a bumper with the washer holes already made and drill my own PCD holes.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #5
AdrianSi
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d LCi MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblee View Post
I'm pretty sure all new bumpers come without PDC holes but have markings on the inside to show where you need to drill (ideally using a step drill). Headlamp washers, on the other hand, are a bit more complicated - it's not just a hole, it's got a recessed lip around the inside for the cover to sit on when the washer is retracted. I think, therefore, you need to find one with washer holes but don't worry too much about the PDC holes.
The cutout on the e90/e91 is totally flush with the outer surface. There is a guide on the main forum (US I think) to DIY this. Only the e92/e93 is recessed.

E90 330d - N57
Prof Nav - 6FL - Visability Pack - Alpine Hi-Fi Upgrade - L7 Subwoofers - L7 rear mids + tweeters - 6FL
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Business edition
OBD Port Disabled
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M Sport Business

Am sure the wings are the same. You just need to change the headlight, bumper and bonnet

E90 LCI M SPORT BUSINESS EDITION - STAY SAFE & HAPPY MOTORING
Appreciate 0