E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Accident Damaged

07-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
marcvaf
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

Angry Accident Damaged

Hi,

Looking for some advice,

Last July bought a 08 plate 320D from BMW dealers @29K miles in Newcastle. Recently i noticed with all the rain we be gettting that a puddle started to appear i called my local BMW dealers and was told the usual thing of seals arent covered by extended warranty bla bla..

I decided to email the BMW CEO complaining that car with only 37K(current) shouldnt be leaking water, also mentioned two of my alloys flaking (thought might as well).So i was told to take it to my local dealers which looked at the car and sorted the problem as it was the shower curtain inside the passenger door that was loose and need bonded..they said that you would be liable to pay for this as we have discovered that car has been accident repaired damage done to the wing and the door and hence the shower curtain has came loose...they charged me £60...called up the place where i bought it and stated that my local bmw dealer noticed that the car was accident damaged why did they fail to notice this and point this out before me purchasing the car!! they were quick to offer me the £60 - still havent recieved this yet..but the usual crap of we check our cars using bmws predefined checklist etc

I have never been in a accident or has had any repair work done to the car, I have emailed BMW UK to inform them of this and waiting on a reply..

I am angry about this as they should have told me and if i do sell the car i would have to be disclose this and might effect the buyability of the car....Does any one know how i can take this further or since it has been a year i dont have any ground to stand on?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

There isn't anything to say that a BMW AUC hasn't been damaged and repaired, many will have had minor blemishes repaired and some perhaps larger damage. The dealer does not have to disclose this unless you ask the specific question as to whether the car has had any damage.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
swhoyle
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
There isn't anything to say that a BMW AUC hasn't been damaged and repaired, many will have had minor blemishes repaired and some perhaps larger damage. The dealer does not have to disclose this unless you ask the specific question as to whether the car has had any damage.
This is very true

I recently purchased an e90 from a main dealer, 60 plate, when we got it home we noticed that the rear door on the passenger side wasn't the same colour as the rest of the car, thinking that the door had been painted we took it back to BMW who told us that the door was the correct colour, it was in fact the front door and the rear wing that had been painted.

Now this really upset me, you don't expect to buy a 60 plate car from BMW to find out that most of one side has been painted, however, and I can't stress this enough, the dealer could not have been better - Im frankly amazingly impressed with the dealers response to it, they have done everything to put it right, the customer service has been the best by far I've ever experienced!

i genuinely don't think they knew it had been painted, I didn't notice it when I looked round it and I went round it numerous times! My point being that who ever you did buy it off probably didn't have a clue! Lets face it being a car salesman, doesn't make you a body shop expert, cars come in and cars go out, Ill bet they didn't have a clue

Glad your all sorted now though, don't let a bit of a repair stop you from enjoying your car
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

When I bought my AUC car, I asked the question a number of times, and a number of ways. All the salesman would say is that it wasn't recorded anywhere as accident damaged, but he wouldn't say that it can't have been damaged/repaired. I managed to get a looksee at the V5 and called up the previous owner (something the dealership wouldn't do for me). All was OK thankfully, but you still need to be careful. Just because it is an AUC car doesn't make it perfect - just more expensive!!

Mike
(now with a very damaged car!)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Common practice I'm afraid.

Cars they have been damaged and then repaired are still sold as new cars.

Your car was 3 years old when you bought it and sadly it is up to the buyer to detect any previous accident damage rather than them pointing it out.

Offering the cost to correct the fault due to the repair not being 100% is about as good as you can expect.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
marcvaf
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D SE

Hi, Thanks for your advice, as people have said older and new cars can be damaged and repaired, just thought when checking/preparing a car for sale they would have given the car a once over.
Appreciate 0