BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Tell me about your insurance co (US)

07-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
SSSnakeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330

Tell me about your insurance co (US)

I'm looking for a new insurance company. My major concern is post loss care and estimates. I currently have Geico. We had a hail storm and I have hail damage on a number of panels. I overheard adjusters from other companies go over estimates while in the waiting area. One was $4500 and the other $5200. Mine was $1250. Upon leaving I looked at the other cars and the damage looked to be very similar to my own. I think the adjuster is giving very low estimates and waiting for the supplementals from the repair shop. This is a problem for me because I prefer to handle some repairs myself and have connections that can do the rest. I'm sure it varies a lot but if anyone can share their experience with their insurers claims I would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
DSB335d
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 335d DSB/oyster&black/navi

I just had to get my rear bumper fixed on my 335d. The person that hit me also has the same insurance... State farm. I've had them for over 13yrs; 10+ yrs accident free, my parents have had state farm for over 45yrs with many different policies etc..

I'm pretty pissed with them!
The body shop I took it to said the bumper cover needed to be replaced, BMW said the bumper needed to be replaced.. After nearly a dozen phone calls that went no where they would only approve the bumper to be repaired on a 6 month old car. With my customer loyalty, my parents customer loyalty.... It all meant nothing to them; they were actually quite rude on a couple different phone calls.
I'm pretty fucking pissed, I've been a customer so long, haven't had a claim in over 10 yrs; and they wouldn't make an exception to get me a new bumper!! I know for a fact that if the person who hit me did not have state farm also, I would've gotten a new bumper.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
.b0link
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 LMB 135i

USAA ftmfw. I know not everyone can be a member obviously, but if you have anyone in your family that has or is serving in the military look into it.

Hands down the best customer service in the industry. I've had things covered where other companies cough*geico*cough would have told me to get bent.

That, and no other company has been able to remotely compete with my premiums.
      07-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

One word........AMICA!!!! No other Insurance company comes close.
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by .b0link View Post
USAA ftmfw. I know not everyone can be a member obviously, but if you have anyone in your family that has or is serving in the military look into it.

Hands down the best customer service in the industry. I've had things covered where other companies cough*geico*cough would have told me to get bent.

That, and no other company has been able to remotely compete with my premiums.
Appreciate 0