Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > is the tpms hole bigger?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

is the tpms hole bigger?

I dont have tpms on my e90 but I am getting custom wheels, should I get the tpms for possible resale value in the future. from my understanding you cannot simply put the sensor in the wheel if its not made for it? is this true?
or, can you get the hole cut for the sensor and not put sensors on them, unless you need them in the future?
thanks.
      07-13-2007, 10:06 PM   #2
fun2drive
BMWCCA 149159
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 128i Vert/ 14 JGC Diesel

TPMS Background

Yes it is as simple as putting the TPMS into the valve stem hole and using the correct copper not brass washer to secure them.
Contact Gary at TireRack to be sure the stem and assembly will fit, most of them will.
BMW uses the Hella brand which BMW sells too.

You will have to install the control/display unit inside the car so you have the ability to read the pressures and also the tire temp.

Tire Rack also dropped the price on these too which is pretty attractive.

I don't think it will really make or break the value of your car but it is a nice feature to let you know how your tires are doing. I think the Tire Rack has these for something like 229 bucks.

I have to put these on my new M3 rims which does require breaking the tire bead and sticking them inside, rebalancing and initiating it....
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I was getting dpe's and was told that there is a difference when they make the wheel if you want tpms or not? but if it goes in the valve hole why would it be different/
      07-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
I was getting dpe's and was told that there is a difference when they make the wheel if you want tpms or not? but if it goes in the valve hole why would it be different/
TPMS nees a flush mounting area on the INSINDE of the wheel. Stem hole is same size. I wouldn't spend all that money on the TPMS if I were you.
Appreciate 0