E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Problem with my sub...need help!

07-13-2007, 02:02 AM   #1
spazmcdougal
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i Monaco Blue

Problem with my sub...need help!

I recently installed my Avic N-1 DVD HU into my E90. I also installed a alpine V Series amp (due to the fiber optics involved). I now have a problem where once in a while I start my car and the stereo sounds a little off (running my iPod of course), and by off I mean the subs under my seats aren't working. I checked it out and the amp is getting power and all the connections are good.

On a good day the system sounds decent and this problem only started recently. Any one else have this problem?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazmcdougal View Post
I recently installed my Avic N-1 DVD HU into my E90. I also installed a alpine V Series amp (due to the fiber optics involved). I now have a problem where once in a while I start my car and the stereo sounds a little off (running my iPod of course), and by off I mean the subs under my seats aren't working. I checked it out and the amp is getting power and all the connections are good.

On a good day the system sounds decent and this problem only started recently. Any one else have this problem?
Check your taps and make sure you didn't cut the connect to the seat subs. Did you tap the wires?
      07-17-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
spazmcdougal
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i Monaco Blue

To be honest I had the whole thing installed so I'm not really sure. I have an appointment to bring the car in to get checked so I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the help though.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #4
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazmcdougal View Post
To be honest I had the whole thing installed so I'm not really sure. I have an appointment to bring the car in to get checked so I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the help though.
good luck, you can pull the back amp cover located in the back right of the trunk and see if the connects appear solid.