F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Wait for new Nav Pro?
GetBMWParts

07-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Wait for new Nav Pro?

So with the news about the new, upgraded Navigation Professional, Connected Drive and new iDrive controller, what are you doing with pending orders? I'm considering waiting the extra time as my car still does not have any production date anyway.

The only issue may be an increase in pricing of this option.

Comments and suggestions very welcome.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Yea I know what you mean... With all the buzz going on about the new Nav stuff and Connected Drive and new iDrive controller....

For me personally, I'm not too fussed. It is a shame that I'd miss out, but what's in the build now is more than enough to suffice me. With no definite pricing for it, and only a generic "it'll go out on all builds after Nov" notice... I can' help but think about the possible demand and even longer wait times. I'll never be ahead of all the tech, so as long as the package now fits me I'm happy. (Also cos I didn't get the Pro Nav in my build anyways, just the business Nav)

Last edited by Spikey; 07-10-2012 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Yea I know what you mean... With all the buzz going on about the new Nav stuff and Connected Drive and new iDrive controller....
I can' help but think about the possible demand and even longer wait times. I'll never be ahead of all the tech, so as long as the package now fits me I'm happy. (Also cos I didn't get the Pro Nav in my build anyways, just the business Nav)
I agree, I can wait and wait and wait. If I wait till November, perhaps I should wait until January for a true 2013 build. However, this is the first time I am opting for Nav Pro and it would be great to at least have the most up to date technology in my very expensive car, rather than one that is some years old now.

Yes' it's moot for you as you are opting for Nav Business.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia View Post
I agree, I can wait and wait and wait. If I wait till November, perhaps I should wait until January for a true 2013 build. However, this is the first time I am opting for Nav Pro and it would be great to at least have the most up to date technology in my very expensive car, rather than one that is some years old now.

Yes' it's moot for you as you are opting for Nav Business.
If you don't mind waiting + possible price change (the guys in the other thread were speculating it's an even pricier option compared to now) then i'd wait til Dec/Jan for a 2013 build.

I can see why you're contemplating cos you've opt'd for the Pro Nav already... so a new version would make a big diff for you.. the handwriting feature of the touch controller looks good, especially for typing in addresses for the nav instead of the single letter choosing method now....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
There'll always be something new around the corner, especially tech.you could spend your whole life waiting... seize the day!

I mean if it was a hover car then sure, I'd wait but nav doesn't excite me overly much each to their own of course.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Chris_F30_335
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
There'll always be something new around the corner, especially tech.you could spend your whole life waiting... seize the day!

I mean if it was a hover car then sure, I'd wait but nav doesn't excite me overly much each to their own of course.
I agree. Sure - wait if the nav system is important enough to you that you are willing to go x months without the vehicle for that time.

To me the nav etc is a novelty and an interface to the computer, but really... its a car - I wanna drive it asap.

Id love to get teh new <any tech> and will if I can. But If I cant... meh.

Good luck with whatever you do and just know youre getting the right car mate.
DELIVERED! - BMW F30 335i, Mineral White, Luxury Line, 19" 401s, Dynamic M Runing Gear, Variable Sports Steering, Sports Seats, Glass Roof, HUD, Comfort Access, Rear View Camera, Music Interface & all the 335 fruit.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

If by controller you mean the touchpad, I don't think we'll see that any time soon in a f30. The changes coming in November seem to be mostly software with some faster hardware.
Personally, I think the current system is pretty decent, and from what I can see the new one doesn't appear to be a huge leap forward. The interface looks slightly slicker, there's some nice new features like dragon drive and weather. Overall though, I don't see much that isn't already there in the current system. If you're unsure, head down to your dealer and have a good play with the current system. Its a long wait till January.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg71 View Post
If by controller you mean the touchpad
No, just the updated controller as detailed here:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716469

I've decided to stay with my current order for a probable August build/October delivery.

Thanks everyone who contributed.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #9
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia View Post
I've decided to stay with my current order for a probable August build/October delivery
looks like the Aus wing of the F30 forum will have a few Msport pic thread going in October then
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #10
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
looks like the Aus wing of the F30 forum will have a few Msport pic thread going in October then
I have my camera's battery charged up already for the big event!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #11
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

I was considering buying a camera ... if u get your car later David..I could borrow yours first lmao....

I was actually looking forward to seeing your EB M Sport !

Back on topic ... I was contemplating the same thing.. but it's like the waiting for the iPhone 5.. I decided to say F the wait... There's always a next big thing.. Next they'll put a hologram projector in like the one R2D2's got.

From my point of view.. I pretty much know my way around Melb and hardly even use the GPS.. I just like the bigger screen for the display, most of the time I can see the display only showing either the Extended Cluster or my IPhone song list.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #12
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Good call, David.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 06:26 AM   #13
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Good call, David.
Thanks. I thought I better have my camera's battery fully charged. Only joking!!!

Yes, staying with my March order, no delays. M-Sport, M-Sport, Estoril Blue, M-Sport, Old Nav Pro….
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 06:34 AM   #14
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
if u get your car later David..I could borrow yours first lmao....
Of course you can! In fact I want to share it with everyone!!!

Quote:
I was actually looking forward to seeing your EB M Sport !
No one more eager than me!!!! At this stage, I'll be cartwheeling with a VIN.
Quote:
Back on topic ... I was contemplating the same thing.. but it's like the waiting for the iPhone 5..
Is there an iPhone 5 coming???? Wow, what will they think of next?
Quote:
From my point of view.. I pretty much know my way around Melb and hardly even use the GPS..
Me too. I like my current GPS to let me now what time I expect to arrive at my destination, so often I switch off the voice prompts. I take my own route most of the time. Thankfully the lady doesn't get annoyed with me. "Please make a U-Turn…."
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 08:07 AM   #15
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

I think you made the right choice David. The current navi pro is pretty good, and a huge update from the navi pro I had in my older E90.

Congratulations on your new car, I bet you can't wait for it to arrive
      07-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA View Post
I think you made the right choice David. The current navi pro is pretty good, and a huge update from the navi pro I had in my older E90.

Congratulations on your new car, I bet you can't wait for it to arrive
Thanks Jamie,

It didn't take very long to decide that the Nav Pro November update isn't really anything to be concerned about.

Anyway, it's been quite a few years since we last corresponded on the E90 thread. Nice to see you visiting here.

Yes, it's been a very long wait. I placed my deposit in early March. Mind you, as soon as I saw the M-Sport Package for the F30, I made the decision to wait. My E90 keeps me very happy during this time. Still going very strong. Should be an early August build for the F30.

So, are you ordering an F30?
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

The current Nav Pro is by far imo the best in any mass produced car available in the market - look at Mazda and their screens the size of a thumb nail - or even worse the touch screens on holdens that get covered up in grease and fingerprints - i wanted the current nav to be able to enable the dvd in motion - new CiC could mean that the hackers might take 12 months or more to get through to bypass that lockout feature. So even with the current Nav Pro we all still have the best on the road - an elegant and beautiful entertainment system
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 01:30 AM   #19
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

are these features part of september production or?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #20
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

No, if you want the new nav pro you have to order the car from the dealer in November for delivery in February 2013
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #21
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk280 View Post
No, if you want the new nav pro you have to order the car from the dealer in November for delivery in February 2013
I think you missed the bit where he was posting from the USA.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
Drk280
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Lol didn't think any Americans hung out in the Aussie thread. Also since I use iPad app it doesn't show user locations under their names the way it does on a pc web browser
Appreciate 0