E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Buying a 335i coupe....

06-24-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

Buying a 335i coupe....

hey guys my names alex and im just looking on some info as im looking to get into a 07-08 335i.
ive read horror stories of wastegate rattle and HPFP failure,i have also read of people not having a problem with either of these that it is rather hit or miss.
my first question is,since some people say it is better to buy post march/07,would it just be better to stick with 08 cars? i have read that the HPFP problem happens more to the younger models and that bmw supposedly fixed this issue with more recent warranty claims and 08 models?? also that the later models came with an oil cooler and that it isnt always necessary but it is a plus anyways.

just looking for other things to look for other then these issues and any other information you guys could help me out with.
thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Envuks
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 335xi

I think for '08s you had to get the sport seats and 18" wheels to get the oil cooler. I'm not sure about the '07s.

I would say, look for a clean (looking car), ask the owner about service records, then get the vin and call a BMW dealership to walk you through the service records. You'll be able to then verify if the seller is being truthful about the car. That's big for me.

As with every European car I have owned, they seem to be hit or miss when it comes to maintenance. You either get a good one (whatever that means) or you can have a bunch of maintenance to do (the horror stories we all read about).

In looking at '07s and '08s, the cars should have enough service records for you to determine (at least make a good guess at) if you'll have a bunch of issues or if you'll be good... That said, plan to spend some money on maintenance each year and you'll be fine. You've got to come into it with the right expectations or you'll be disappointed.

Enjoy the search. It's fun
Appreciate 0