E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2007 335xi exhaust issue...

07-05-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
flukey
Go big or go home!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

2007 335xi exhaust issue...

I was wondering if any of you have this issue or have any advice. I've got a new 2007 335xi with only 4000 miles on it. To start things off, the car arrived with the right exhaust pipe tip sitting noticeably lower than the left exhaust pipe tip. I had them service it right away and the dealership said it was "fixed." However, its not BMW perfect, but I said heck with it because I'm probably the only one who can notice it now.

HOWEVER, my right exhaust tip gets noticeably dirtier than the left. I've included pictures as an example. Both started perfectly clean and after a week you can see how they differ. The pictures (two pictures of left pipe first, then two pictures of right) actually don't even do it true justice. You can definitely tell there is a difference too. I also placed the back of my hand behind each exhaust pipe while the car was running and I could definitely tell the exhaust coming out of the right pipe was hotter than the left.

This is probably nit picking but my car is my baby and I want her to be healthy!

Please let me know if you have any ideas what could be causing this or any advice. Thanks!

PS. Only my second post on the board so far!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

I notice this on mine (right pipe dirtier than the left pipe), but I thought this is because I am not fully utilizing the turbos on a consistent basis, thus, only one pipe is needed most of the time.
      07-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #3
Loomp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=dirty+exhaust

I don't know how to do quick links to other posts yet.
Try this one out for starters. Hope it helps.
Appreciate 0