F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M Sports Order Number
Extreme Powerhouse

06-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

M Sports Order Number

Hi guys, I know a few of us have put in orders for the our m sports. But has anyone signed and obtained the production orders yet? Dealer keeps telling me next week. I'm so close to cancelling.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
Hi guys, I know a few of us have put in orders for the our m sports. But has anyone signed and obtained the production orders yet? Dealer keeps telling me next week. I'm so close to cancelling.
I just spoke to my dealer not half an hour before reading your post. Considering July is the start of the M-Sport production, probably in Germany to start with, South Africa is scheduled to come on line shortly thereafter.

Be patient. I asked for a production number as well but at this point in time, it's not available.

If you do cancel, what would you order? If it is a factory order, you might get your second best car a few weeks before your best and first choice M-Sport car. I don't see any advantage in that unless there is a car either on its way or in stock that suits your requirements perfectly - and/or you need a car urgently.

In fact, if you are on the M-Sport list now and change to a line, you may have to wait for a (factory built for you) car even longer as allocations are probably full till at least the end of the year.

So, not much longer to go. Hang in there.

Repeat after me: M-Sport, M-Sport, M-Sport, M-Sport, M-Sport, M-Sport!!!!
Hope that's inspired you.

Cheers
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

LOL ...trying to hang in there.. seems like confirmed orders will only be available after the launch.. I hope the people who have orders place will be invited to the launch >
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Let's keep each other informed on this thread of any local M-Sport updates.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #5
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Its interesting how the MSport specs and options haven't been made public yet! I wonder when BMW will release it
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #6
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLatte View Post
Its interesting how the MSport specs and options haven't been made public yet! I wonder when BMW will release it
I thought it is public now that dealers are able to order it?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yes, the M-Sport option and details have been available for some months now, with the price released more recently.

What isn't available at this time is actual production date for individual M-Sport orders. The only indication is that Rossyln will come on line in August.

Still waiting.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David325Australia View Post
Yes, the M-Sport option and details have been available for some months now, with the price released more recently.

What isn't available at this time is actual production date for individual M-Sport orders. The only indication is that Rossyln will come on line in August.

Still waiting.
ahh i see... very true. no actual specified date has been indicated yet, only the rough 'Aug' time frame
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep

hmm... where can I find the official information on the Australian MSport? and MSport options such as MSport brakes etc?

My dealer had a document showing the MSport spec and prices but he indicated that it wasn't released to the general public yet - hence he couldn't give me a copy.

On the production date - the stock controller from my dealer has locked in for Aug production - I've had no more info other than that. I guess everyone is in the same boat.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #10
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
hmm... where can I find the official information on the Australian MSport? and MSport options such as MSport brakes etc?

My dealer had a document showing the MSport spec and prices but he indicated that it wasn't released to the general public yet - hence he couldn't give me a copy.

On the production date - the stock controller from my dealer has locked in for Aug production - I've had no more info other than that. I guess everyone is in the same boat.
Hmmm, the official F30 brochure has the specs for the Aus Msport... and Msports parts looks like it's here:
http://bmw.com.au/com/en/owners/acce...parts_2012.pdf

no prices anywhere though.. even the aus bmw site doesn't have the msports pack as an option for the F30 yet
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #11
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Time to get a new dealer. What an idiot. There has been an entire full colour Australian brochure, albeit with some LHD photos available for months.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_F30_3er_EN.pdf (1.08 MB, 195 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:16 AM   #12
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep

that's a great doc David! too late to change dealer - placed order back in March...
In the doc that you attached, it mentioned that MSport gets optional 19 inch wheels... I'm under the impression that 19 inch is standard for Aus MSport...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep

does anyone know if real time traffic information is available as standard or optional on 328i? It seems like if you have navigation system (which is standard on 328i) then its available... It'd be a great feature - I have my doubts as to whether its available in australia though...
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
that's a great doc David! too late to change dealer - placed order back in March...
In the doc that you attached, it mentioned that MSport gets optional 19 inch wheels... I'm under the impression that 19 inch is standard for Aus MSport...
Aus spec M sports week get 19" 403M wheels as standard. Confirmed with dealer and is in the 3 series brochure.

Quote:
does anyone know if real time traffic information is available as standard or optional on 328i? It seems like if you have navigation system (which is standard on 328i) then its available... It'd be a great feature - I have my doubts as to whether its available in australia though...
I think it's one of those 'Australia misses out' features
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Not optional - standard for M-Sport Aust cars.
Mixed 403M
225 in front and 255 in back

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #16
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep

anyone have their production date yet? I haven't checked with my dealer but I'd be surprised if BMW don't plan their production 1 to 2 months ahead...
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
anyone have their production date yet?
Not yet, only been told... Aug build
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 02:58 AM   #18
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I'd be surprised if BMW don't plan their production 1 to 2 months ahead...
So am I. Still nothing yet from my dealer - and he has my order on his desk at arms length, but nothing yet from head office except to reiterate possible August build.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:01 AM   #19
CrazyLatte
Private First Class
Rep

That's disappointing. All I got from my dealer was that I'm assured to get one of the first MSports the dealer has... doesn't mean much to me though...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 06:01 AM   #20
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

My dealer told me that the order number is a factory issued number, which stays with the car throughout its lifetime. Next stop - production/chassis/VIN. Should be very soon, seeing we are almost half way through July now.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #21
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Hmmm my dealer still hasn't contacted me regarding any numbers....
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 02:45 AM   #22
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Ya.. I reminded the dealer to get me the VIN.. I'll check back with him to get it when the August production starts.
Appreciate 0