E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Hit, fix and run!!

07-03-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
skimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 vert Dinan II

Unhappy Hit, fix and run!!

I just noticed a "poorly repaired dent/scratch" on my front bumper. I never scratched/dented my bumper, even worse, i never repaired anything!

I have had my e90 for over 2 years now and have no idea where this could have happened!! It must be at a dealer during one of the service visits...but I have not been in for service for over 4 months! Problem is, I have also been to two different dealers for service...not sure who to blame or where to start.

This car is a lease, and I am not worried too much about the appearance..(you can't notice it unless you go up close and actually see the un-even sparkling graphite paint job)

What I am worried about is them asking me for "receipts" for these repairs during end-of-lease return. This is my first lease, and not sure what to expect at the end. I did some search around the forum and it seems that they will be lenient especially since I am getting into another car (335i )...

What to do?

Is this covered under "hit and run" ? or "hit fix and run" ?

Skimo
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Sorry to hear that. There are some shady dealers out there, to be sure. I doubt that there is much you can do at this point.

It's always a good practice to do a drop-off and pick-up inspection whenever you take the car in for service. Have the SA with you for both and have them make notes of any existing scratches, dents, etc. This will save both of you aggrivation later.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

and as for the end of lease return, I'm afraid you'll have to repair the dent/scratch prior to returning your car, unless it'a a very minor scratch that's hardly noticeable
      07-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
and as for the end of lease return, I'm afraid you'll have to repair the dent/scratch prior to returning your car, unless it'a a very minor scratch that's hardly noticeable
His car has been repaired already. It's just that you can tell that it's been repaired. But he doesn't know which dealer did the work without him noticing.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #5
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

oh, I thought he meant he suspects the dealer of fixing it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
His car has been repaired already. It's just that you can tell that it's been repaired. But he doesn't know which dealer did the work without him noticing.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.
      07-03-2007, 06:08 PM   #6
continentalg5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I doubt you'll be liable. I don't know what BMW's rules are regarding dents/scratches etc...on leased cars, but when I turned in my last two Benzes their policy is that if you can cover it with a credit card, you're okay and don't have to pay to fix it. Hopefully BMW has something similar.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #7
montreal_bimmer
OEMconcept
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2006 325i  [10.00]
who cares, its a lease, there's nothing you can do, and nothing they can do... at the end, you will give back the car, they wont notice and you will get your 335.... even if they do notice, they wont say anything....
Appreciate 0