F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Difference in M performance and M sport package brakes
ARMA SPEED

06-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Eddy1971
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Stolen 525d touring

Difference in M performance and M sport package brakes

As stated, I have seen the M performance slotted brakes and calipers in different colors.(yellow/red etc.)
In the m sport package, BMW included a set of upgraded brakes with blue calipers.
What are the size of thesediscs and have the too 4 piston?? And are they equal in performance with the M perf. brakes? I guess not.

Those M perf. brakes are not offered in Europe.
In various pricelistst are with the sportline and m sport increased top speed restrictions. What is normal? In Europe is the standard 250 kmh for 328 and 335i.
Standard 328i: 245 hp, 350 nm
Standerd 335i: 306 hp, 400 nm
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
Walt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i m-sport

I am also looking for clarification on this subject. My BMW dealer has ordered my 2013 m-sport, but does not see or know anything about performance brakes. They printed out a spec sheet on the brakes that seems to be standard 335 hardware. I looked through BMW's ordering website with them and there was no option to upgrade brakes.

On the other hand, they told me previously I could not get an m-sport for 2013. I was about to order a 2012 sport line and pay $5000 extra for blue paint. Thanks to websites like this I was able to tell them to order the 2013 m-sport in Estoril Blue for way less money.

I would appreciate knowing anyone else's brake information from a dealer, or if anyone knows why the 2013's are available for order but the brakes are not specified.

The speed limiter is lower for standard models. It is bumped up to 155mph (250km/h) for the sport / m-sport. I have no idea if you will get an additional boost in europe.
Appreciate 0