E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iPhone bluetooth not fully functional for me in 2006 e90

07-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #1
cjones88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Titanium Silver

iPhone bluetooth not fully functional for me in 2006 e90

I synced my iphone up with my 2006 non-nav 330i using bluetooth. I can accept calls and make outbound calls by dialing numbers using the phone or using the voice command for the car, but my phonebook doesn't sync, nor does any of the top 8, last 8, missed calls, etc. sync up. For those that have had Nokia phones in the past, you'll know what I'm talking about. I had a Blackberry Pearl previously and everything worked in full for it, so I'm a little disappointed with this, especially since it sounds like others with 2007 model year cars are having success with theirs.

Does anyone know if BMW has a bluetooth firmware update for 2006 models that I can get at the dealer? Or do you think am I stuck with this limited functionality?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
fred0
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 326i (e90)

Just give it time. I had 1380 contacts and it took about 5-10 minutes for the list to sync, but they all eventually became available in the Alphanumeric listing.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
cjones88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Titanium Silver

Working now

Got it working now. I must have been too anxious on the initial pairing, and the iPhone picked up the BMW as a generic handsfree headset, not the car specifically. I guess when paired with a generic handsfree headset bluetooth profile the phone wasn't sending contact information. After re-pairing (and waiting about 5 seconds before connecting), the iPhone saw the BMW specifically, paired up, and all is working now. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #4
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjones88 View Post
I synced my iphone up with my 2006 non-nav 330i using bluetooth. I can accept calls and make outbound calls by dialing numbers using the phone or using the voice command for the car, but my phonebook doesn't sync, nor does any of the top 8, last 8, missed calls, etc. sync up. For those that have had Nokia phones in the past, you'll know what I'm talking about. I had a Blackberry Pearl previously and everything worked in full for it, so I'm a little disappointed with this, especially since it sounds like others with 2007 model year cars are having success with theirs.

Does anyone know if BMW has a bluetooth firmware update for 2006 models that I can get at the dealer? Or do you think am I stuck with this limited functionality?
You can get voice command dialing to work with your iPhone? My BMW doesn't recognize any names I give it. It will just say "Say help to learn voice commands".
Appreciate 0