F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Issues with ipod playlist
proTUNING Freaks

05-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
benpatti
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

Issues with ipod playlist

So I am having some issues with my ipod playlist in idrive.

1. When i restart the car, sometimes the current playback list only shows the song that is currently playing, and not the entire playlist. Therefore, I am unable to scroll down and select/skip to another song.

2. Sometimes the item that is playing doesn't even correspond to the item in the playlist that I select. In other words, when I scroll and select a song, a totally different song plays.

Anyone else have these issues? pretty annoying.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue Sport Line

That is how the system works - not sure if it is an "issue". It was the same in the e90, though it is more annoying in the F30 because there aren't "forward" and "back" buttons on the steering wheel but just the scroll wheel (which obviously only works if the whole playlist is visible). If you leave the ipod in the car you won't have this problem. If you take it out and change playlists from what you had last time in the car, it will always just show the current song being played when you reconnect in iDrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benpatti View Post
So I am having some issues with my ipod playlist in idrive.

1. When i restart the car, sometimes the current playback list only shows the song that is currently playing, and not the entire playlist. Therefore, I am unable to scroll down and select/skip to another song.

2. Sometimes the item that is playing doesn't even correspond to the item in the playlist that I select. In other words, when I scroll and select a song, a totally different song plays.

Anyone else have these issues? pretty annoying.
      05-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #3
benpatti
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Tiberius View Post
That is how the system works - not sure if it is an "issue". It was the same in the e90, though it is more annoying in the F30 because there aren't "forward" and "back" buttons on the steering wheel but just the scroll wheel (which obviously only works if the whole playlist is visible). If you leave the ipod in the car you won't have this problem. If you take it out and change playlists from what you had last time in the car, it will always just show the current song being played when you reconnect in iDrive.
I always leave my ipod in the car. Still seems to happen occasionally. I am now wondering if this is happening because the playlist I am using is a "smart" playlist. Either that or the fact that my ipod is 5 years old...maybe it occasionally resets when the car is off.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
douglasberardi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i xDrive

I have had a similar problem in my 2011 E90.

Sometimes when I start the car, my playlist will display songs starting in some pseudo alphabetical order, but it will be playing the one I was listening to before I turned the car off. If I advance a track, it will play what is supposed to be next on the playlist, but will display something different.

What seems to fix the issue is if I go the the parent menu, select a different playlist, then go back the the playlist where the currently playing song is on. Then the names on the display seem to line back up appropriately.

Definitely an annoying issue. Dealer said that all that could be done was submit a PUMA case to BMW and then they could decide to reprogram the car or not. Didn't seem worth all the time or effort.

Tried a few different iPod's, reseting, restoring them. Not sure if it is something in my playlists from iTunes or what.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

I get this same issue occasionally as well, also had it on occasion in my old E90 using the same ipod classic which never leaves the car.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0