E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Just a Warning

06-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
200Duece
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '73 2002,'18 X5 35d,'17 328d T

Just a Warning

So I decided to follow a tip that I got off another thread a few weeks ago and get a firmware update for my Samsung a900(non m). I brought my phone to a local Sprint repair store that supposedly had the software and told them that my bluetooth connection kept failing. They said that they would load the newest software in and I could see if the phone would work better. I went back about an hour later to get my phone and the lady at the desk handed me a brand new phone. "I didn't want a new phone, just an update. Where's MY phone?" She responded that your phone was bad so we activated a new one for you. Then she informs me that everything on my phone was lost except my contacts. After talking to the tech about my phone he tells me that somewhere though the process of the upload of the new software that my phone locked up and is now stuck on the boot-up menu. He appogized and offered to clean the motherboard again and see if it would turn on. No luck.

So, Make sure that you back up all your pics texts and voice memo's some where before you have any service done to your phone.

PS: The good news is that the new phone works as it should. The phone book loads up and the signal strength gauge works.
Appreciate 0