E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth and Treo 750

06-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
DocHarvick
Happy Fan...Happy Man!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe, BS/Sad Brown

Bluetooth and Treo 750

I've been struggling with my 07 335i Coupe to get the Bluetooth to work consistently with my treo 750. I've searched several other sites, and have got it to work consistently.

First, for names to transfer to the phonebook on the iDrive, they have to be set in the speed dial memory. Not really that big a deal.

Second, and most importantly, the screen has to be ON before you turn on the car for it to consistently hook up an work correctly. I struggled with the phone intermittently being booted from the system, and this easy fix has made it work very well. Just spreading my findings if anyone else has encountered similar issues.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
Pecty
Double Underhook Suplex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3

Garage List
2018 F80 M3  [0.00]
I have had the same thing, it seems like when it power saves, bluetooth is one of the things that it turns off. The only other thing that I have seen, is that the bluetooth occasionally screws up, everything looks like it is synced but an incoming our outgoing call just makes a long rapid string of beeps, either when dialing or answering. A soft reset from the button by the SD card and its fine.
aka Andre the Giant
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
rocketman99
Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, '24 X1 M35

Lightbulb Try jetware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHarvick View Post
First, for names to transfer to the phonebook on the iDrive, they have to be set in the speed dial memory. Not really that big a deal.
The better solution to that is a program called jetware, available from jetwaremobile.com. I've been using it for several months now on my '06 330i with a Treo 700w. With that program you get your whole phonebook (with multiple numbers per contact) without having to program speed dials; plus your signal strength bars and the redial and recent calls list. It also seems to display the correct phone number on incoming calls as well. You get a 30 day free trial on the software, and it WILL still work when the trial period is over (provided you don't try to change the settings). It's only 15 bucks to fully register which I thought was totally worth it, YMMV.
Appreciate 0