E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > A Question For The Resourceful...

04-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
xMassacrex
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

A Question For The Resourceful...

Hello everyone,

I have a question for you guys that has been very difficult for me to find a solution to on my own. A few months back, I purchased the Ultimate LED interior light upgrade from Bimmian.com it is a complete interior light set that allows you to swap your stock bulbs for a cleaner, brighter look. I've installed them with success, except for in one area. In my rear dome lighting assembly I have three lights. A large center light, and two map lights.

Here's my problem. For anyone that has experience with changing these lights, they will recognize the small, white sockets that the bulbs connect to. All they do is twist into the socket, and have contacts inside in order for the bulbs to slip into them to complete the circuit and illuminate, here's my problem. When I was installing these new bulbs, from trying to rush I snapped some of the small contacts off of the little white plastic caps! Here's the problem, without them being complete I have no way to light the bulbs!

I've asked my local mechanic for replacements, as well as contacted Tischer for replacement parts and was told I needed to buy the whole lighting assembly. I did so, and it still wasn't the correct unit, I used the white cap to replace one bulb socket but still need the other two!

Here's where I need my fellow forum members. I feel that this product would be something prime for locating at a junk yard somewhere. In larger cities, there must be places where people's wrecked BMW's are kept. All I need is to find such a place, contact them, have them get me these contacts from the lighting component, and pay to have them mailed to me! I would love to find another way, but salvaging them seems to be my only viable option. BMW doesn't sell them separately, and no website I can find has them. It's mind blowing!

If someone could help me with this situation it would be very helpful. And as always, I thank the community for its help!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #2
allen_993
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 328i Blk/Blk

If you ordered the lighting assmebly and it "wasn't the correct unit"....you should send it back and get the correct unit. I mean it seems like you have the proper solution...a new assembly...you just need to get the right one.

The probelm you're gonna run into at a salvage place is that they are not gonna take a complete working 3-light assembly, and remove those sockets that you need. Now if you are wanting to get the entire assembly, a salvage place would be a good choice. Here is a good one...http://www.vinesauto.com/

But it sounds like you already have the assembly...just not the correct one. I kinda get the feeling I'm missing something here...
Appreciate 0