BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

06-18-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

San Diego Dealer Review

Does anyone have experience with a dealer in San Diego? I have a deposit on a new M3 through the Military Sales Program and need to pick one to arrange pick up. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

BMW of San Diego has been rather cold on the issue. I guess building a relationship for the future isn't a priority.

Brecht BMW was very accommodating back when I had a deposit on the E46. Then the bubble broke and I lost my down payment so I don't know how they are over time.

Cunningham BMW is closer than Brecht and I will drop by there soon to meet the staff.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92, 1986 325e 2021 X5 40i

Military Delivery Dealer

I used Continental in Oceanside for my military delivery on an 06 650i. I ordered through Pentagon and Terry Brennan at BMWNA coordinated it. I was very pleased with the service.
I had a bad experience in Encinitas when it was Harloff, but I understand the ownership has changed.
I too have an M3 on order. I'm waiting for the 09 and DCT so I don't expect to get it built until Nov 08.
I also ordered the 645 when it was a hot new car and dealers in So Cal were in short supply and marking up with the "market adjustment" of 10-15 K.
There was no problem in getting it through military sales although I did wait 6 months into production. (my choice) .
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the tips!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #4
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Delivery shouldn't be much of a problem...I'd just solicite recs from those BMW drivers in So Ca in the area where you'd like to get it for their experiences with the dealers they use. My impress is although I haven't done Mil sales before (I do have an M3 on order too) is that the delivering dealership is notified when the car arrives and when it will arrive at the dealership and coordinates things thus. The vehicle is paid for and so forth and they just handle the handover of the keys and signing of the official docs by BMW NA and of course tag/title and such. So it shouldn't be much of a problem. In the end I'll probably go with a dealer that I know and have used before so they know me and what I expect on picking up my car!

Good luck.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #5
SD330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavNurs View Post
Does anyone have experience with a dealer in San Diego? I have a deposit on a new M3 through the Military Sales Program and need to pick one to arrange pick up. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

BMW of San Diego has been rather cold on the issue. I guess building a relationship for the future isn't a priority.

Brecht BMW was very accommodating back when I had a deposit on the E46. Then the bubble broke and I lost my down payment so I don't know how they are over time.

Cunningham BMW is closer than Brecht and I will drop by there soon to meet the staff.
Yes sir SD BMW without a question. To keep it short I have come to know the dealership fairly well. Through purchases of my own and referrals that I have made. If in SD this is where I would go.
      10-29-2007, 11:33 PM   #6
kham619
United_States
Rep
Drives: walker

I went to Cunningham in El Cajon, salesmen had little information.
Said May 08, and they weren't taking deposits. And they will "call" me.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 08:59 AM   #7
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

San Diego BMW does not want Military sales customer having cars delivered to there dealership..the list....I hope all the Marines who fight so damn hard for jerks like San diego read this...because you have young Enlisted and Officers coming back with loads of money from Iraq and BMW Sandiego has no respect for them don't buy from them....go buy from some one who respects you..and oh yeah dealers gets about 300 bucks for each MS car delivered but they don't want it so fuck em..and San diego BMW if I'm wrong prove it...come on this forum and say Military Sales Customers are welcome...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My experience with them wasn't quite that foul, but certainly wasn't welcoming either.

Thus far I have tried to stay away from the dealerships to minimize that I-can't-wait-much-longer feeling I get while looking at the shiny new M5/M6s sitting in the showroom.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #9
rossduck
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
San Diego BMW does not want Military sales customer having cars delivered to there dealership..the list....I hope all the Marines who fight so damn hard for jerks like San diego read this...because you have young Enlisted and Officers coming back with loads of money from Iraq and BMW Sandiego has no respect for them don't buy from them....go buy from some one who respects you..and oh yeah dealers gets about 300 bucks for each MS car delivered but they don't want it so fuck em..and San diego BMW if I'm wrong prove it...come on this forum and say Military Sales Customers are welcome...
I can definitely feel the love here!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #10
Vertigo//SD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i (temporarily)

I've bought three cars from BMWSD

Happy each and every time since I use the same sales rep...

1) 2000 328Ci
2) 2003 M3 coupe
3) 2007 M Coupe
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #11
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

SDBMW

I have been there for service once, it was fine. Sometimes when I go just to wander the lot and "window shop" they pay attention to me and ask quickly if I need any help. Other times I could not get enough attention to throw money at them. When I inquired about their E92 M3 list about 9 months or so ago they said their list was already about 25 folks deep. I doubt that was true at that time and I am not sure why they were saying this. The only explanation I can think of is that they are planning to sell above MSRP and want to keep folks who will demand MSRP away.

Anyway my overall conclusion about them is mediocre.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
I have been there for service once, it was fine. Sometimes when I go just to wander the lot and "window shop" they pay attention to me and ask quickly if I need any help. Other times I could not get enough attention to throw money at them. When I inquired about their E92 M3 list about 9 months or so ago they said their list was already about 25 folks deep. I doubt that was true at that time and I am not sure why they were saying this. The only explanation I can think of is that they are planning to sell above MSRP and want to keep folks who will demand MSRP away.

Anyway my overall conclusion about them is mediocre.
So what they had 25 people on ther list..I'd fill it up till folks stopped coming...it's just sad man..Ohh Rah
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2007, 10:22 PM   #13
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE JEDI View Post
So what they had 25 people on ther list..I'd fill it up till folks stopped coming...it's just sad man..Ohh Rah
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #14
Vertigo//SD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i (temporarily)

I'm on the list (not sure of my spot #) but not sure I even want one anymore. I don't think they do markups. It's always MSRP.
Appreciate 0