E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Damage under License Plate Holder!!!!

04-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #1
Enigma735
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sport Line

Damage under License Plate Holder!!!!

I leased my 328i Coupe in 2009 from a dealer in Connecticut. I asked them not to put the license plate holder on, but they told me it was affixed to the car I wanted already, which was on the lot, otherwise I'd have to order one. I didn't want to wait and decided to deal with the front plate.

I was detailing my car today to get it ready for lease turn in (getting a new F30 328i in a few days), and decided to take the plate off to let the orbital do its thing without having to work around the plate holder. Low and behold, there was damage under the plate holder! It's some kind of square imprinted dent, and a puncture...

My question is, now that I've had this car for 2.8 years, am I liable for replacing this? I was NEVER in an accident, I was never hit, and there was never damage to the vanity plate I had on the front, so all I can assume is this was done to the car before I received it.

Kinda friggen shady on the dealer!

My next question is, since I'm turning this in for a new lease, if I just put the plate holder back on over it, and turn it in, how likely is the inspection to find it. You absolutely can't see it under the front plate holder (which is why I never saw it, even when cleaning the car previously).

I will be absolutely pissed if I have to cover this. What kind of action can I take against the dealership that leased me the car if it comes down to it?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Put the plate holder back on.
You will have damage on the bumper just from installing it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
Enigma735
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Put the plate holder back on.
You will have damage on the bumper just from installing it.
True, there's two pretty nasty holes from the bracket anyway. I guess if I had taken it off before I'm about to turn it in, I'd have seen it. Not sure what I would have done about it back then, but at least maybe BMW would have covered the fix or something. Now if it's found on turn it, they just assume it was me and charge me.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
KnoxDawg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328i

If you took delivery of the car with the license plate bracket attached, and you turn it back in with the bracket still on the bumper, frankly they have no reason to take it off to inspect the bumper underneath. They're gonna put some kind of dealer plate on the bracket when they put it back on the lot. You're good. Relax