E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > e90 330i msport or e92 330i se?

04-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Old Fruity
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

e90 330i msport or e92 330i se?

Hi Guys,

Just joined the forum as I am looking to buy a 330i.

I have found two cars that I'm interested in but not sure which one to go for. Considering they are both similar spec but one is saloon mpsort and the other a coupe se, which one would you go for? This will be my first BMW so need some help!

Thanks

Faraz
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Hey Buddy,

Welcome to the forum.

A few things to do consider:

* Great engine, good power deliver, smooth and faithful.
* Economy mixed driving, about 25.9mpg. Looking to get roughly 390ish miles from a full tank.
* Standard run flats are not the last word in tires. Consider switching to a standard set up, but there is no spare wheel in the boot.
* M sport or se coupe? Well its down to your needs, do you need the practicality that a saloon offers over a coupe? If you remove that from the equation then its all down to your subjective views. In which case you should choose the car you prefer the most.
* My subjective view is that I prefer the M sport over the SE for its looks, its poise and the way it handles.

* Oh and one last thing, Ive had my 330 for about 4 years now and the only issue its had was a coil issue. misfires and rough idling. Easily solved at £30 a coil. Apart from that not a single issue. Ive become so attached to it that even after all this time, I know I could trade her in and get something newer and faster. But its unneccesary, The real world performance is adequate and delicious in its delivery.

(note if you are into perfomance mods, then consider a 335i, 335d or 330d as you can extract much more horsepower fairly easily)

Happy hunting.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #3
fulcrum
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92,F22, F36, G01

All down to personal choice but in my case I would be looking for (actually I have) a M Sport E92.

But I would always go for the M Sport.

Not helpful I know.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #4
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Given the choice I would take the E92 over the sport package.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Swiller
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

I have an e90 n52 55 se, sports leather seats , sports wheel and like ap, I'm still smitten with it. Mine had the pipe replaced where the fuel goes in, due to a minor leak, but apart from that, it hasn't so much as burped.

I went se because I don't like the stiffer suspension and mbadges on the interior. Not fussed about sexier bumpers. As far as I can see these are the only differences to my se.
se doesn't mean brown interior and wafty suspension. Lots come with sports leather seats and steering wheel and some with msport suspension. Keep the runflats on the se suspension and it is a superb handling car, but not a spine breaker on bumpy tracks like the msport with runflats.

I would strongly suggest getting one that has been run on vpower as my local Indy keeps telling me to continue doing. He reckons he gets a good few injector problems On 330is cos they have been run on tesco/sainsburies 91 Ron after 70k miles, but yet to see one with problems on the v power.

If I had 10k to spend on a motor I'd buy another cheap e90 for 5-6k and spend 4k on hifi, holidays and tvs etc. E92 has 2 less doors, looks a bit sharper, but for me, I'd go e90 for practicality. I don't think there is much in performance or handling.

Great choice mate. I think 330is are the bargain of the century for an all rounder with enough poke to satisfy most drivers and a soundtrack which will become rarer and rarer over the next few years.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

If you have babies or planning to have some, go for family car (E90).

If you are single and ready to mingle but not gingle (babies), then go for E92.

Or if are at that stage where your kids are grown up ---> E92.

Now about SE or M....totally subjective to personal preferences.
I like suspension of SE but body kit of M. Cant have SE suspension in M level...but you can have M body kit on SE with SE suspension.

Choice is totally yours mate.