E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Satellite Prep

06-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
dgrahamr
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Satellite Prep

Confused about the satellite prep I see referred to. Doesn't seem to be an option that is listed on the bmw website or in the materials I got from the dealer, but I see it referenced on the bmw website as required for any dealer-installed satellite option. I'm sure it's a prewiring feature. My question is, is this something you pay for when you order the car, or is this something that dealers tend to check when they order your car so they're in a position to possibly sell you satellite radio (assuming you didn't order the factory installed satellite)?

I ask because I may talk to the dealer about getting satellite radio added on the dealer side, and would like to understand what I'm looking at before I talk to him. I assume that if you don't have satellite prep, anything you do is a third party add-on that's not as well integrated.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Used to be a $75 option where they simply ran Sat-ready cabling from the dash to the trunk so that, in the future, you could install a Sirius receiver in the trunk. I recall having read in these fora that the option was discontinued some time ago, and that all vehicles are now sat-ready from the factory.
      06-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
theYardie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I (e92)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo View Post
I recall having read in these fora that the option was discontinued some time ago, and that all vehicles are now sat-ready from the factory.
That is correct.
Appreciate 0