E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335d - Aftermarket IC???

04-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Question 335d - Aftermarket IC???

Curious if any of you gents on the other side of the pond have installed a larger aftermarket IC?

If so, can you provide some details regarding the install, brand and where you bought it?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
Ste133
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hi chap,

I've had a look around here in the UK and I've not found an intercooler which is designed for the 335D. However, I may be wrong and hopefully someone will come along and tell us otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #4
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Try contacting HotCoupe. He has a nicely tuned E92 335D, as far as I know he has not got an aftermarket IC however, he has most likely looked into the possibility. He's a very thorough and helpful member so I am sure he'll share his knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Try contacting HotCoupe. He has a nicely tuned E92 335D, as far as I know he has not got an aftermarket IC however, he has most likely looked into the possibility. He's a very thorough and helpful member so I am sure he'll share his knowledge.
Thanks JJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Curious if any of you gents on the other side of the pond have installed a larger aftermarket IC?

If so, can you provide some details regarding the install, brand and where you bought it?

Cheers
Can I ask why your interested in one, and the reasons why you feel it's necessary?

Even when mapped I've never felt the need for a larger IC,or can think of a reason why one would be justified given the costs involved.

Is your car mapped? And have you had issues with the car going into limp mode?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Thanks JJ.

Can I ask why your interested in one, and the reasons why you feel it's necessary?

Even when mapped I've never felt the need for a larger IC,or can think of a reason why one would be justified given the costs involved.

Is your car mapped? And have you had issues with the car going into limp mode?
Same reason the 335i owner's install larger IC's. My car which is tuned tends to get heat soaked rather quickly esp on warm days. A larger more efficient IC I am willing to bet will prove advantageous.

Are you familiar with a shop that sells them? If not no worries much appreciated. I will likely get around to taking my car to HPF and have them take a look to see if our cars have the same IC as the 335 and if so will likely have them insall one of their larger IC's.

Last edited by cssnms; 04-12-2012 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #7
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssnms View Post
Same reason the 335i owner's install larger IC's. My car which is tuned tends to get heat soaked rather quickly esp on warm days. A larger more efficient IC I am willing to bet will prove advantageous.

Are you familiar with a shop that sells them? If not no worries much appreciated. I will likely get around to taking my car to HPF and have them take a look to see if our cars have the same IC as the 335 and if so will likely have them insall one of their larger IC's.
I can't say I've ever experienced your problems,even on a track day,guess your in much sunnier climes with much warmer temperatures than the UK.

Not really researched larger IC's for the 335D for the reasons above,and the lack of a product could be that the problem you've experienced has not proved it's worth as much for diesel drivers as it has for the petrol boys.

Sorry I can't help.
Appreciate 0