E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Custom full stainless steel quad exhaust fitted. Silencers removed but DPF in place

04-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

Talking Custom full stainless steel quad exhaust fitted. Silencers removed but DPF in place

So after deciding on what I wanted I made a quick trip down to Styledymamics near Southall to have a custom quad exhaust made. I wanted all the silencers removed so I could hear that turbo whistle! (as well as hear a nice exhaust note) 

So here are some pics

Here’s Craig doing his thing. They supplied a nice new diffuser as part of the package price. They do 335 conversions regularly so I knew I was in good hands.

3.5” dual walled staggered tips. I wasn’t sure whether to go straight or staggered but the styledynamics boys advised me on the staggered route and boy am I glad!!

So the final results: I hope you like … (not much space around the battery box and I certainly didn’t want them cutting anything they didn’t have too…

So since the exhaust was done the front end was lowered more and I fitted smoked side repeaters courtesy of Teddy at SSDD motorsport. The rear diffuser will be painted gloss black and so only a few more mods to go and then the project is finished for now …

A huge thanks to the Styledynamics Crew for an awesome job. The care breathes better and the sound from the exhaust is a lot better than expected … especially on enthusiastic take off. The exhaust is a straight through from the DPF which I will be keeping as I like the smokelessness of the car if you know what I mean … it is a family mobile after all lol

…….. can’t wait to get the car mapped to make the most of the system
      04-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
imee
imee
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw f10 530d

Thats a very tidy job mate and looks a good quality fit. Looking to do a similar thing when i finally get my hands on a 320. Let us know how she gets on with fuel and would love to hear it. If you could get a vid up that be great
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

very nice looking mate!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
Dave3
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Rear end on that looks good mate, has it made a massive difference to the sound?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 02:07 AM   #5
gchild
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: honda

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #6
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Why would you want to "hear the turbo whistle"???
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 04:46 AM   #7
Triggster
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 M Sport 330D

Looks better but I think Id prefer a dual exhaust rather than quad tip.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
Anything to somewhat mute the 4 cylinders of tractor, non?
      04-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #9
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Hey Theivz,
I have been following your progress on the car for a while now. To be fair it's marmite. Some people like it some people dont. Had you have said im sticking red wheels on my estate I prob would have thought you were crazy......
But I like your car, I like it alot. Not just because its different, thats a given. I like it because, you had a vision, you had the balls to turn that vision into a reality. You can see the passion involved in the worksmanship of the wheels alone. Its what i like about it the most, everything has been excuted with a level of quality that not many people seem to value these days.

I look at this car as a manifestation of an expression, and in that sense it is a beautiful piece of automotive art.

No HOMO.

Peace.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
Mart1000
Capt Slow
Rep
Drives: Leon FR Supercopa

Liking it quite allot Theivz.

Are the rears on yours 25mm offset or 35?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awfully_Polite View Post
Hey Theivz,
I have been following your progress on the car for a while now. To be fair it's marmite. Some people like it some people dont. Had you have said im sticking red wheels on my estate I prob would have thought you were crazy......
But I like your car, I like it alot. Not just because its different, thats a given. I like it because, you had a vision, you had the balls to turn that vision into a reality. You can see the passion involved in the worksmanship of the wheels alone. Its what i like about it the most, everything has been excuted with a level of quality that not many people seem to value these days.

I look at this car as a manifestation of an expression, and in that sense it is a beautiful piece of automotive art.

No HOMO.

Peace.
Dharman has modified all of his cars to a very high standard. His 1 series before this was superb as well.

But your post did sound a *bit* homo.

NB. As you a londoner, I know I've probably tried the recruitment drive before, but you should consider joining EvoTechnik. All us mental "marmite modders" call EvoT home ;-) You could pop to an Ace cafe meet or something..
      04-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #12
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

be intersting to hear it as did think of similar though only on the no back box somehow could take myself to cut the bumper
      04-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Great job Theivz,very similar to my installation bar the quads.
A remap will certainly add to the extra 10-15hp the exhaust mod gives you

Quote:
Hey Theivz,

No HOMO.

Peace.
Have you considered sending your CV to Damien Hirst,he could do with a good PR Guru
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Vaheed1
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport

I had a straight though de-silencer system fitted with 2 4" to my 330d - The sound of that thing under hard acceleration was mental. Looks like a great job and good choice on the style of tailpipes.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #15
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Great job Theivz,very similar to my installation bar the quads.
A remap will certainly add to the extra 10-15hp the exhaust mod gives you

Have you considered sending your CV to Damien Hirst,he could do with a good PR Guru
Hahaha... If he doesnt hire me maybe I could convince him to suspend a 3 Series in a glass box using formaldehyde.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
Dharman has modified all of his cars to a very high standard. His 1 series before this was superb as well.

NB. As you a londoner, I know I've probably tried the recruitment drive before, but you should consider joining EvoTechnik. All us mental "marmite modders" call EvoT home ;-) You could pop to an Ace cafe meet or something..
Haha just have a passion cars is all. If all goes keeps going well with the business im looking to pick up a used R35 next year. Never been to any meets before, so if all goes to plan then I may bring it. Will check out EvoTechnik though. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #17
Mart1000
Capt Slow
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart1000 View Post

35mm with 15mm spacers = ET20
Thanks mate. Called bmautosport today to see if they keep plenty of the lmr's in stock and they have just ran out. Only ones left have 25mm offset rear which is not what I'm after. No lead time on next delivery either. Arse. Looks like I stay stock for a few weeks yet...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

That is a good looking machine.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 02:04 AM   #19
Theivz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Project Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by imee View Post
Thats a very tidy job mate and looks a good quality fit. Looking to do a similar thing when i finally get my hands on a 320. Let us know how she gets on with fuel and would love to hear it. If you could get a vid up that be great
thanks mate was pretty pleased with the fit and the cutouts. The fuel ecomony intially went down as I was gunning her everywhere to hear the exhaust but actually I'm pretty sure she's added a few horses (but not many) but i'm not sure if economy is any different. A map will def help the economy - it always has done in my experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
very nice looking mate!
thanks mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3 View Post
Rear end on that looks good mate, has it made a massive difference to the sound?
cheers! compared to no sound it has made a HUGE difference esp under acceleration. I had the same engine and a similar exhaust in my 1 series and this exhaust sounds sooo much better. You can also hear teh turbo spool and I don;'t know why but I love it . There's a roar under acceleration but apart from that not much noise which is what i expected from a 4 pot diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchild View Post
Looks great!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
I find it strangely addictive! It sounds so good when you put your foot down ... maybe I will try and take a vid. Youre welcome to come and have a listen if you're in the neighbourhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggster View Post
Looks better but I think Id prefer a dual exhaust rather than quad tip.
was tempted but it's the standard 335 conversion but I wanted a somethign a little different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
They did a good job!!
thanks. did you get your done in the end?

Quote:
Anything to somewhat mute the 4 cylinders of tractor, non?
Haha! Indeed Dave. Indeed

Quote:
Hey Theivz,

No HOMO.

Peace.
Not sure about the "No homo" comment lol but otherwise I totally agree. This is my hobby. I love modding. after my wife and kids this is my next passion. I tried to push the boat out on this one and am really pleased with the results. That's why it had to be all done together otherwise it would have looked not quite right. and yes I am very pleased with the overall workmanship but as to be expected still a few teething issues to iron out

Quote:

see Mr Singhs reply ... 35 offset with 15 mm spacers in the rear. the stretch on the tyres help clearance but i've also had arches rolled - will post pics up soon

Quote:

Dave you recruitment guru! lol. But on a serious note - we should def get a meet going soon to kick off the show season

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
be intersting to hear it as did think of similar though only on the no back box somehow could take myself to cut the bumper
will try and post a vid soon mate. just been mad busy with work. I didn't have to cut out the diffuser cos they supplied a replacement as part of the package. I've kept my exhaust and diffuser and they've done the exhaust so that the old exhaust can be fitted back with a sleeve if i want to return to stock when i sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheed1 View Post
I had a straight though de-silencer system fitted with 2 4" to my 330d - The sound of that thing under hard acceleration was mental. Looks like a great job and good choice on the style of tailpipes.
thanks mate! totally agree with the noise under hard acceleration - ver pleased and a little surprised tbh

Quote:
Thanks mate. Called bmautosport today to see if they keep plenty of the lmr's in stock and they have just ran out. Only ones left have 25mm offset rear which is not what I'm after. No lead time on next delivery either. Arse. Looks like I stay stock for a few weeks yet...
doh! .. well it's worth the wait. Mark is a really nice bloke. his m6 was parked next to my old 1 series at the bm show at gaydon last year. you should come down to this years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
That is a good looking machine.
thanks!
      04-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Argh. Multiquote tacular !
      04-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
Mart1000
Capt Slow
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA
Argh. Multiquote tacular !
Eh?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #22
daveleach
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:

Sorry to hijack thread, but I have popped over to Evotechnik and joined up.
Appreciate 0