E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E93 Standard,Hi-Fi and Logic & Systems

06-12-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
tjm
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330i M Sport

E93 Standard,Hi-Fi and Logic & Systems

I've tried to find a post that gives some good information about the different audio/speaker choices for teh E93 MY2007 cabriolet but can't.

I have an E93 330i M Sport on order and at the moment have the standard audio (I don't know what spec that is in terms of speaker location or Wattage Output and I can't find it in BMW Glossy Extra's. Anyone know this information?

The Hi-Fi loudspeaker system (£390) I assume gives a better bass than standard but I had a Harmon Kardon upgrade in my 330ISE Touring and I have to question my descision to do that as it certainly isn't a super bass.

The Hi-Fi loudspeaker system - LOGIC7 professional (£820) appears to be too much like overkill for a car audio system.

Has anyone compared all 3 at all? I've obviously listened to the standard spec and it is fine (roof up), not sure about roof down. Is the Hi-Fi loudspeaker system a reasonable low (!) cost enhanecement or is it better to stick with standard or go for LOGIC 7.

Any comments greatly appeciated, particulaly from E93 owners.

E93 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
fueledbymetal
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 6spd, Cayman GTS 4.0

I haven't compared all 3, but I currently have the L7 and it's significantly better than the standard US spec system. It's one of the best car audio systems I've heard, but there's still room for improvment, so I wouldn't consider it overkill at all. Just money well spent.
      06-12-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
stefano7171
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjm View Post
I've tried to find a post that gives some good information about the different audio/speaker choices for teh E93 MY2007 cabriolet but can't.

I have an E93 330i M Sport on order and at the moment have the standard audio (I don't know what spec that is in terms of speaker location or Wattage Output and I can't find it in BMW Glossy Extra's. Anyone know this information?

The Hi-Fi loudspeaker system (£390) I assume gives a better bass than standard but I had a Harmon Kardon upgrade in my 330ISE Touring and I have to question my descision to do that as it certainly isn't a super bass.

The Hi-Fi loudspeaker system - LOGIC7 professional (£820) appears to be too much like overkill for a car audio system.

Has anyone compared all 3 at all? I've obviously listened to the standard spec and it is fine (roof up), not sure about roof down. Is the Hi-Fi loudspeaker system a reasonable low (!) cost enhanecement or is it better to stick with standard or go for LOGIC 7.

Any comments greatly appeciated, particulaly from E93 owners.
I have stuffed my e93 with gadgets, but being not too much of a "fine ear" I opted for the standard system. I am pleased with it, do not feel like I need something more, so, unless you really can spot the difference between good listening and quality listening or you want to go "getto like", top down, volume up.... well, spend your money on other options, that's my advice!
      06-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #4
avincar
Private
Rep
Drives: touring sedan

I would look up the car on realoem.com and look at the speaker locations described. Great resource.

The Logic 7 isn't even that good of a car audio system - much less overkill

You know, it's usually not the ear.

I've had lots of people who thought they didn't know the difference, notice the difference - usually when they were NOT being put on the spot to do so. (Read Gladwell's Blink for a great explanation of why most people don't evaluate sound systems well when they are expected to).

Most of it has to do with two things - whether or not you care, and whether or not you've decided you can't tell.

It's like high school girls (or college young women) who have decided they can't do math, and they CAN - but they believe they can't.

If you don't care that much, that's cool. But in most cases, it's NOT because you lack the ability, it's that you lack the interest. And that's fine.

That's far more intellectually honest than people who care about the lifestyle statement of the killer sound system, and then listen to American Idol contestant albums and Britney Spears.

Systems today usually strive for sensation over fidelity. Fidelity is harder, and rarer - but it's a lot more fulfilling, especially with the US average of 9 hours in a car a week.