E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Engine issues at higher speeds?

02-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
saintstephen11
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Engine issues at higher speeds?

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone has had this issue and whether there is a known cause. I have scheduled an appointment with service, but want to go in armed with some facts. This is the second trip. The first time they told me to use better gas (Turkey Hill) which I knew was them blowing me off, but I followed their directions but the problem has only worsened over the last month. Here is the issue....

At higher speeds (60mph+) the engine will start to run very rough to the point where the entire car starts shaking and rattling. There really isn't a loss of power and the car continues to function but there is definitely a major problem. However, it may operate this way for a mile or two and then it disappears and runs smooth again. At first, it would happen every few days and only last for a minute or two, but now it happens every trip (last 3 days) and sometimes lasts 5 - 10 minutes.

Anyone experience anything like this? It started at about 45k (2009 328i).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0