BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

Mporium BMW

01-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3

Meets In CO

Are there any car meets in CO? I have only seen 1 M3 since I have gotten mine. I want to get a chance to check out some of the members cars here
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICE///M3!
Are there any car meets in CO? I have only seen 1 M3 since I have gotten mine. I want to get a chance to check out some of the members cars here
We're around, that's for sure. Quite a few M3s around. Watch this space and on other forums for ad hoc meets. Be sure to follow the RMC chapter of BMWCCA for their track weekends and the pretty Spring Drive. And if the track has appeal, there are the open track days at HPR where quite often someone works to gather a Bimmer contingent.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICE///M3! View Post
What part of town do you live in? There are getting to be more and more M3s around town. Last fall we had a pretty good meet up and drive. Here are some picts from that..

Also, I am really active on the E90 post side too. The 335 guys get together and do a lot of stuff as well when the weather is nice. The next big thing that I know of is probably MFest in Vegas at the end of April. We always have about 10 cars that caravan out there for that. Nothing like 10 bimmers all in a line doing 100mph through the canyons!
Attached Images

02-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
We're around, that's for sure. Quite a few M3s around. Watch this space and on other forums for ad hoc meets. Be sure to follow the RMC chapter of BMWCCA for their track weekends and the pretty Spring Drive. And if the track has appeal, there are the open track days at HPR where quite often someone works to gather a Bimmer contingent.
I have never tracked before but I am really interested so I will def have to check that out.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
What part of town do you live in? There are getting to be more and more M3s around town. Last fall we had a pretty good meet up and drive. Here are some picts from that..

Also, I am really active on the E90 post side too. The 335 guys get together and do a lot of stuff as well when the weather is nice. The next big thing that I know of is probably MFest in Vegas at the end of April. We always have about 10 cars that caravan out there for that. Nothing like 10 bimmers all in a line doing 100mph through the canyons!
Nice pics Please let me know when the next time you guys will be going for a drive. And I live in Denver.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Quote:
Nice pics Please let me know when the next time you guys will be going for a drive. And I live in Denver.
What does your car look like?
      02-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What does your car look like?
PM'ed
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Cool Tracking

Quote:
I have never tracked before but I am really interested so I will def have to check that out.
As far as I'm concerned, anyone with an M3 is required to go for at least one track weekend, just to see what the car can do unleashed. Some handy links:

NASA (open to all car types, run excellent HPDEs (high performance driver's ed), very nice people http://www.nasarockymountain.com/nas...ead.php?t=4987

BMWCCA (Bimmer event, run excellent HPDEs (distinction being instructors at all levels)), very nice people http://www.rmcbmwcca.org/content.php?7-Calendar (watch the calendar, they usually do only 2 track events a year). (Also, if you're into autocross, they run one of the best series of events in the area.) (Also, they do a Spring Drive where you can meet a lot of people with Bimmers and drive with caravans through the mountains.)

SCCA (variet of car types, racing emphasis, but "PDX" is their DE), very nice people http://www.coloradoscca.org/ (Their autocross is called "Solo".)

And then there are the open track days at HPR, mentioned above, which as I understand it is like a box of chocolates. dnvrdrvr has been a leader in getting folks out on these non-club days. (I'll be out there this year.)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #9
Maruta
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

I found tracking to be a great experience. It is exhilarating to put the machine to the test under relatively controlled conditions. I just traded by 2007 Z4 si for a 2009 M3. I can't wait until its track season to see how the E92 performs on the track.
      02-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #10
SlamMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90

There's a cars and coffee meet in Lafayette on the first Saturday morning every month, weather allowing. Not just BMWs but a great collection of cars and nice people.

Here's the map. http://g.co/maps/gbwr3

Goes from about 8 to 11 in the morning it think.
      04-09-2012, 10:23 PM   #11
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:

when were these photos taken? whos the white car with the carbon fibre spoiler?
Appreciate 0