E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > It happened again

01-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White BMW 335i Coupe

It happened again

First off today my car wouldn't start. This is the second time, this has happened. A few months ago the car wouldn't start I had just parked it to go do some shopping, come back wouldn't start. I leave the car go home come back like 6 hours later and it starts right up. Today same thing I go to work come back and it starts right up. Hopefully it will start again in the morning. The thing is I had these 2 codes show up, the first one i have been seeing for the last week or 2 ever once in a while when I first start the car but then it doesn't show up. Anybody know what it stands for. The second one just as the car started now is the first time I have seen this one.

The 1st one

New one

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

first one is low coolant. second one is some type of service is due
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
holy shit, I have service due too....didn't even know it till now...
      01-24-2012, 02:12 AM   #4
jvsxn
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e-ninety

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
first one is low coolant. second one is some type of service is due
Plus 1. If you're not sure, scroll through the bc menus for the signs and press and hold the bc to get the check control i.d. I saved the list on my phone so I can self-diagnose my car to my best ability. Good luck on the second sign (service) though.
      01-24-2012, 02:14 AM   #5
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

Second one in red means you're due for brakes. Do you have the new HPFP? The not starting problem could be related.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #6
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This car keeps kicking my ass, and do you see my terrible mileage lol. The $'s keep adding up.

Alpine White BMW 335i coupe (sports package)/M3 Rear spoiler/M3 Side Skirts/M-tech front bumper/Mtech Rear Bumper/Eisenhaus Meisterschaft Race Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #7
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
Second one in red means you're due for brakes. Do you have the new HPFP? The not starting problem could be related.
brake service due icon has only half of the car with a brake symbol above it. not the whole car on a lift.

it might be for "vehicle check" but that should be at 30k. OPs ODO shows almost 39k? unless he went over by 9k and didnt notice.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #8
DA263
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i E92

Isn't the service overdue icon a red car with a exclamation mark next to it, not the one he is having?

It means any of the following, depending on your CC ID. Please check it by going to CHECK CONTROL, then go to the 2nd error using the arrows, then press and hold the BC button for a few seconds -> a CC ID number should now appear:

CC ID 21 = Ignition problems -> The engine may only be started with the brakes depressed. Contact nearest BMW service center.

CC ID 22 = Starter motor, do not stop engine -> Starter defective! Engine cannot be restarted. Contact nearest BMW service center.

CC ID 231 = Light system -> One or more of your light (indicator lights, fog lights, high beam headlights, and so on) may be defective. Contact nearest BMW service center.

CC ID 60 = Instrument Clusted -> Speedometer display malfunction. Contact nearest BMW service center.

Additional CC ID's, but they require additional error icons to be displayed, which you do not seem to have:

CC ID 207 -> in combination with ABS/BRAKE red exclamation triangle symbol (you have the yellow nontriangle symbols) AND DSC symbol (you have this one) = Electronics malfunction. Stop vehicle carefully. Contact nearest BMW service center.

CC ID 72 -> in combination with red ABS/BRAKE symbol (no DSC symbol) = Brake pads! Replace -> Brake pads worn, have them replaced by nearest BMW service center.

Based on what you described, you probably have CC ID 22.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by DA263; 01-24-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #9
BMWLove86
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well since yesterday the car has been starting fine. No problems at all today.

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
paulmason1986
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport remapped

cc id 207 code resolved... :)

i know this was an old thread but i thought i would inform you all that i was starting my car and getting all the previous mentioned faults on the dash... abs, dsc car in red on the ramp, the speedo and rev counter were randomly bouncing up and down from 0 - the top. anyway i realised that even though in the beginning it was doing it when i started my car and then randomly whilst driving, it then began to only do it when the sidelights ( halogen version headlights in my car 2006 e90 320d m sport in japan rot ( red ) i changed the front aftermarket LED side lights to standard white xenon colour ones and also changed my rear licence plate/registration plate lights to standard instead of LED aftermarket ones, and problem resolved, cant tell you how much relief it was lol i thought it was a major problem like an ECU or ABS problem as i know they cost a fortune... i love my car but bloody hell these e90s are an electrical nightmare... even the alloys suck mine are cracked badly and need replaced now, my wallet is always empty lol...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #11
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLove86 View Post
This car keeps kicking my ass, and do you see my terrible mileage lol. The $'s keep adding up.
If you're only getting 12 MPG, either something's seriously wrong or you're thrashing the car every time you drive it. I'm getting 21 MPG on average with primarily city driving, and I don't hesitate to rev the car up when it's warmed up, either.