BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
nwautoxer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M

Safe-Guard Premier Tire & Wheel Protection

I want to find a source for Safe-Guard Premier Tire & Wheel Protection. According to their literature, in addition to basic coverage, "Premier Tire & Wheel Protection provides for the repair of cosmetic damage to a wheel caused by a covered road hazard even in the event the wheel seals with the tire."

Just took delivery of AW 1M. Dealership offered Safe-Guard Tire & Wheel Protection (not the Premier version) for $1699 discounted to $1299 if I would buy at least one other protection package along with it. I asked if the Premier version was available and he said he asked dealership management for it three months ago, apparently with no response.

An Illinois insurance broker advertises the Premier protection for a great price, but they said they can't sell it on BMWs and Mercedes because both manufacturers have exclusive contracts with Safe-Guard for the Tire & Wheel Protection.

Anyone out there have the Premier protection? If so, where did you get it, what did it cost, and what was the term (60 months is the maximum term available). Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
rogbmw
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina B12 5.0

Check with your BMW dealer to get the BMW Tire/Wheel insurance. I have been told it is usually much easier to deal with, and you may be able to negotiate the price. Contact your selling dealership, as you usually have to do it in association or as soon as possible when taking delivery.

Plus, with the BMW warranty, there are no questions no matter what dealership you take it to as to procedure.
Appreciate 0