Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 1 Year M6 Rep And Hankook V12 Review

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

1 Year M6 Rep And Hankook V12 Review

I purchased my M6 reps with Hankook V12's this past spring from Bavarianx, i was very unsure of the quality of the wheels after reading about the Miro reps bad reputation, i was told that the reps i would receive were not made by Miro, to this day i have no idea if this is fact or not, i took their word for it. The quality of the finish on the wheels i did receive was not great, the clear has flaked off one of the wheels (only washed with Auto Glym car soap) and their is casting flaws on all 4 wheels, the inside of each wheel looks as though they didn't use enough clear coat and the finish is terrible as far as i am concerned. The tires arrived mounted and balanced and were vibration free up to 220kph (yes a 325i can reach that speed..lol), very nice job indeed! I drove about 15.000 kms this past summer and had no issues whatsoever with the tires or wheels, wet performance of the hankooks was stellar and dry performance was equalled! They show almost zero wear on the front with the word Hankook still clearly visible on the center rib, the rears have only very minor wear and still looks as though they are almost new. I did notice that road noise seemed to be amplified more than the stock 16'' wheels with runflats, maybe because of the wheel design....dunno? My concern of the wheels proved to be unfounded, the held up to everything i encountered, i did hit a huge pothole just a couple of days ago and i have yet to examine them for damage but i will do so in a few days once i clean and wax them for winter storage. I received countless complements on how great they looked and i must agree because they look fantastic. Not sure if this will help anyone but i just wanted to provide a simple review of these products. I should add that the ride quality was actually much better with the 19'' wheels and low pro tires, i was not expecting that and it was a welcome surprise!! I guess its because of the much larger contact patch.

Last edited by sy2767; 10-28-2011 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
sy2767
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 x5

Wow! 230 views! I hope someone gathered usefull info from it....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
TwinSnails
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i, X5 G05

i have the hankooks as well, was interested to see opinions on those tires. Good review, thanks.