Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Custom wheels are wrong size?!?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Usnfrisco
Rep
Drives: 335i

Custom wheels are wrong size?!?

I need an experts help. I got some wheels from Modular Society for my M5 ( I know this is the 3 forum, I just bought a 335 and not a member on the other). They were replacements for the exact wheels I had on it, but I unfortunately bent 2 so insurance replaced them all. This was all done through the BMW collision center here in Dallas. When the replacement wheels were put on I noticed that he front dish was not as deep...it didn't look good and I measured it to be about a half inch different. I also measured the rear dish depth just for kicks and it was actually deeper than my old ones. Weird. In fact I threw a little fit about the look of the front, but we moved on. Well, I started getting rubbing in the rear. I took it back and they said the suspension was still messed up (I had hit a curb) so they fixed the susp. It seemed to be better but still rubbed. I finally took it back again and they admit the wheel is the wrong. I guess the offset. So they are trying to work back through the guys they bought them from, but of course are kinda giving me the run around.
I guess my question is: Any wheels guys know what these might fit? For instance, is the offset narrower up front and deeper in the rear on a 750li? I am trying to get the specs on the wheels, but it has now been a 1.5yrs since the install. If I can't find what they should fit, they are worthless. And they were $1100 each! I want to sell them as my lease is up, but I would never sell them knowing there is an issue. We might try a narrower tire, and I haven't given up on getting replacements.
Sorry this is so long. Any help would be appreciated! Can I measure them or something? They look badass, but even occasional rubbing is not cool.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

They look like shit for $1100/wheel. Get smaller tires or roll your fenders.
      10-19-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
Usnfrisco
Rep
Drives: 335i

Agreed....any wheel to me looks like crap for $1100. I paid $1000 for the set with worn out tires. It was an insurance replacement.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
pe90zzi
CuL SToRY BRaHH
Rep
Drives: a purple thing

ok first off whoever replaced your wheels is a complete idiot. Second offsets on every car is different. I have no idea what size nor offset you have to compare what car these should be on, but just like Pcemkr said if you want them to fit, just roll your fenders and get smaller tires. the car seems to sit fine and the wheels are flush, not horrible offsets to be honest. but yeah find out who made the switch and shove your foot up his ass.

not cool, hope it all works out for you
      10-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

you can try to measure the offset and wheel widths to at least give you a better idea of what the specs are.
Appreciate 0