ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-04-2007, 05:08 AM   #1
bigbob
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

Z4 3.0 used or 2.5i Sport

Hi Guys,
Just wanted you ropinion, im looking at a Z4 Roadster and I have the option of either a 2004 Z4 3.0 with loads of extras or a brand new 2.5i Sport with no extras.
Could any one give me a list of differences and does anyone know what the original 2004 z4 3.0 spec is as standard? (UK)

Cheers in advance,
Nick
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #2
fire-n-ice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

hi bigbob, I don't know all the intricate optional differences between the two, but I've got the 2.5i loaded, and I've driven the 3.0. Honestly, performance-wise, I couldn't tell a huge difference. It just wasn't enough to make up for the thousands of dollars difference between the two. But I don't know what prices you're looking at.

With either choice, you're going to have a blast with it. Maybe writing down the differences between the two and then looking at them will help you make your decision. Let us know either way you go!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
bigbob
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire-n-ice View Post
hi bigbob, I don't know all the intricate optional differences between the two, but I've got the 2.5i loaded, and I've driven the 3.0. Honestly, performance-wise, I couldn't tell a huge difference. It just wasn't enough to make up for the thousands of dollars difference between the two. But I don't know what prices you're looking at.

With either choice, you're going to have a blast with it. Maybe writing down the differences between the two and then looking at them will help you make your decision. Let us know either way you go!
Hey,
Thanks for your reply, this is how it is...
The 3.0i SE comes with sat nav, xenons, heated seats, 6cd. it will cost £429 a month including maintanence, tax etc. But its 3 years old.
The 2.5i has all the SPORT trim as well as xenon lights, MF wheel and wind deflector. This will cost £474 a month but does not include maintanence

What do you think?
Also, the 3.0i SE doesnt have a MF wheel (which I really want to control my ipod) and the wheels on it suck, so I would have to buy new wheels and is it even possible to get the wheel changed to an MF?

Cheers for your help
Nick
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Daveop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 BMWs

Im into the power myself, not so much the goodies, so the 3.0l engine trumps everythng IMO. As long as the car is in good condition and the engine was taken care of... The other amenties can always be upgraded and changed, but not the engine
Appreciate 0