E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > FS: Sonos S5 + ZP90 + BR100 + CR200 Wireless Music System

09-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

FS: Sonos S5 + ZP90 + BR100 + CR200 Wireless Music System

Selling my Sonos wireless music system. All in excellent condition, including all the leads etc. 18 months old, cost me well over £900.
You can also add as many zone players as you like which means you can play different music in every room of the house all controlled from one controller! There is also a free Sonos player APP available for the Iphone, Itouch & Ipad that offers full control of the system.

Would consider serious offers over £500. Next day courier (price included)

Unfortunately when we moved house we disposed of the boxes so it isn't boxed, sorry. But will be properly shipped.

Consisting of:

Sonos ZonePlayer S5 Network audio player - White, light metallic
"The Sonos ZonePlayer S5 is a high-performance wireless music system with 5 speakers powered by 5 dedicated digital amplifiers. With 2 tweeters, 2 mid-range drivers and 1 subwoofer, the S5 delivers crystal-clear, room-filling sound that rivals much larger, more complicated audio equipment. Plus, the all-digital sound architecture provides precise sound reproduction, just as the artist intended. With the S5 you can quickly add a room of music anywhere you want - simply plug it in and enjoy. And thanks to the S5's superior wireless range, no room is out of reach."

Sonos ZonePlayer ZP90 Network audio player - White
"The Sonos ZonePlayer 90 lets you play all the music you want, all over your house, on all the audio equipment you already own - your home theater receiver, stereo system, powered speakers, and more. Just connect the ZP90 to any amplified audio device in any room and it's instantly part of the wireless Sonos system. The ZP90's digital and analog outputs deliver superior sound to every room. And with the ZP90's superior wireless range, no room is out of reach. The ZP90 is super small, so it will fit just about anywhere."

Sonos ZoneBridge BR100 - Wireless bridge
"The Sonos ZoneBridge 100 makes setting up your wireless Sonos system wonderfully fast... and easy. Just connect a ZoneBridge to your router to instantly activate SonosNet, secure wireless mesh network. Now all your ZonePlayers and Controllers will work wirelessly and can be placed anywhere in your house. Although the ZoneBridge doesn't play music like the ZonePlayer, it's incredibly cost effective when it comes to extending the range of your Sonos system and expanding the Controller's wireless coverage. Plus, it's great for connecting other products to the Internet."

Sonos Controller CR200 Remote control plus cradle
"The Sonos Controller gives you instant, wireless access to all your music and all your rooms at the touch of a finger. The full-color VGA display, ultra-responsive touch screen and dedicated buttons make it a joy to use. And it's 100% dedicated to multi-room music control - pick it up or touch the screen and it's ready to go. With the controller in hand you can quickly find and play music from your personal music library, Internet radio and the most popular online music services. Browse through albums and stations with a flick of a finger or search for your favorites by typing on the on-screen keyboard. Then, simply touch to play."

Last edited by KadeSdad; 10-12-2011 at 02:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
phantome46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Convertible - Sakhir

Did you sell this?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 01:38 AM   #3
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantome46 View Post
Did you sell this?
No mate still have it, didn't get around to putting it on Ebay yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
FPO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Could be interested chap.
Could you post photos?
Any negotiation on the price?
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPO View Post
Could be interested chap.
Could you post photos?
Any negotiation on the price?
Cheers
I can but may take a while as its set up around the house! Will take some tomorrow when I get five minutes.

Always open to negotiation
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 02:41 AM   #6
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Bump - Now with pictures added
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Oooooh.... So tempted. Sorry mate I hadn't seen this before and it might be perfect for what I need, considering the 609 has been a little bit underwhelming in respect of its network streaming interface.

Right, I have some questions....

If I did buy this, the ZP90 COULD be connected to the router directly so I don't think I would need the bridge, meaning I could sell it on ebay and part fund. That's my preference if its possible because it would also mean the music streaming was all hard wired for better performance of FLAC and WAV files.

First question is, do I NEED the bridge, or does it just extend the range?

Secondly, the S5 would be located elsehwhere and probably would be wireless, so would that NEED the bridge to function, or would it work via the 'network' generated by the ZP90 connected to my router? If not, then fine I can still use the bridge for that and that's no problem - it just means the bridge and ZP90 will be sat next to each other.

Finally, the server. How do you serve up music to the setup? I have a Buffalo Linkstation NAS which has a DLNA Server built in, but no proprietary Airport/SONOS/Squeezebox software. I have read that it can be modified to run a SONOS server but I am not sure at the moment.... My whole solution depends upon NOT having a PC on at all times.

Otherwise it sounds like more or less what I am looking at so if you can answer those few poinrs, I will happily drop you a PM if I can get 'budgetary agreement' from the missus.

Thanks mate, could also possibly collect as I often work in Runcorn.

Regards
Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

No Worries Matt, hope my little knowledge about the set up is enough to answer your questions:

First question is, do I NEED the bridge, or does it just extend the range?

The bridge will allow you add more players but isn’t needed as the player can be cat wired via the router.

Secondly, the S5 would be located elsehwhere and probably would be wireless, so would that NEED the bridge to function, or would it work via the 'network' generated by the ZP90 connected to my router? If not, then fine I can still use the bridge for that and that's no problem - it just means the bridge and ZP90 will be sat next to each other.

You would need the bridge to play the S5 wireless

Finally, the server. How do you serve up music to the setup? I have a Buffalo Linkstation NAS which has a DLNA Server built in, but no proprietary Airport/SONOS/Squeezebox software. I have read that it can be modified to run a SONOS server but I am not sure at the moment.... My whole solution depends upon NOT having a PC on at all times.

I stream mine via an Apple time capsule. (I also have a 1TB one for sale that I could bung in on the deal)
Will work with any NAS device on your home network (accessible through MY LIBRARY)

We also subscribe to Napster for a fiver a month and stream direct via the hand controller.
There is also a Sonso app controller for all the iThingies

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Cool, thanks mate.

I'm going to do some research, check some ins on another amp we have and will post or pm ASAP.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:59 AM   #10
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

very interested in this so after you Matt
      10-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
NickP
Detailing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Ditto - why didn't I see this earlier!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 11:53 AM   #12
MB London
Come as you are
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 SSll

Still available ?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
poggy
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 318i SE

would you be interested in selling parts of it.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #14
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep

Sorry guys, missed the replies. It has been sold now.
Appreciate 0