Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 2006 325I Sport with OEM 16inch

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
tambo916
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

2006 325I Sport with OEM 16inch

Hello I am a new member and hopefully a soon to be new owner of a 325I. But i had a few questions for the experts.
1. The car i am going to buy is a 325I 2006 with sport package. During the winter months i was planning on putting on a set of the 16inch OEM Bmw rims that come on the non-sport 325Is with a set of all seasons or winter wires. other then handling issues will there be any problems putting these tires/rims on the 325I with sport package. Will I need spacers?
2. The car has about 10K miles on it I have been reading reports that the non-sport cars are having problems with the Run flats specifically the bridgestones is there that same problem with the bridgestone run flats they put on the 325I sport and should i push the dealer to swap out the tires before i even take delivery. I checked out the prices on the tire rack and the sport tires seem alot more expensive then the tires on the non-sport which is the other reason I want to have an extra set of 16inch wheels with all seasons on it to avoid wearing thru expensive sport tires. I do a ton of driving +17K per year.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #2
1sikbmw
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90

You shouldnt have a problem as far as the mounting of the tire is concerened. I own the same car!

I personally think you should push the dealer for a new set of tires. Run flats are expensive to replace, and you want to get the most mileage out of them before replacing them!

the Bridgestone runflats that come with the stock rims arent bad, its just that (imo) they need more pampering, especially making sure the tire pressure doesnt drop, because of the stiff sidewall, you can never really see if the pressure is correct or not!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
tambo916
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I appreciate the response based on the research i have done I think that is the most important thing with the run flats having the right air pressure in them. How many miles are you getting out of your tires? One more thing are the sport run flats covered under the service bullentin for tire replacement for cupping under 10K.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
1sikbmw
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90

sorry bud, but winters up here in Toronto are harsh, so you need full fledge winter tires, not these all season to survive, so im running Pirelli Sottozero's as winters on my e90, and i just purchased a set of rims for the summers.

Again, like a lot of other members will tell you, it all depends on the way the vehicle is driven when it comes to tread wear. Im sure someone will be able to help you out!

Appreciate 0