E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Goodbye Tomato, Hello Sharkbait

07-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #1
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep
Drives: E92/E90 Depends on Mood

Cool Goodbye Tomato, Hello Sharkbait

As some of you already know said Goodbye to my beloved Tomato back on June 3rd of this year. Tomato was rock solid car considering how hard I drove it every single day. Any who now on to Greener Cleaner pastures so to speak.

Got a brand spanking new 2011 VW Golf TDi 6sp. Don't miss Tomato much cause this new toy just a blast to drive. Already dropped few goodies on it and more on the way. YES most importantly once new H&R Sport Springs get released Sharkbait will be getting much needed drop. For now 4x4 ready for floods! I did detail it Friday night so this Sat morning went out and took it's first Baby Pics

For the few of you guys who have contacted me regarding getting your cars detailed FYI I've taken a break during the summer. Don't detail for a living and certainly never got into it for the money. Just really love before/after pics and the expressions on the owner's faces once they see their cars after I detail them is PRICELESS

Will start up detailing again in Sept once weather is a tad bit cooler. Til then trying out new products. By the looks of Sharkbait I've found another good one. Enough dribble onto the pics.

Enjoy
Tomato
Attached Images

Last edited by RioGrandeValley; 07-30-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
...What is Tomato? And is a VW an upgrade or downgrade from said fruit?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
Advan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stillen tuned 370Z

He had a 328 E90... "Tomato" in red...

Looks good Carlos... I'm also selling my E90... finally getting my promotion so ...
So I have couple of cars in my mind... E90 has been pain in the butt for me as you know lol
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #4
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
...What is Tomato? And is a VW an upgrade or downgrade from said fruit?
Haaaa this one made me laugh I've always thought a Tomato aka Solanum lycopersicum was a Veggie no?? While it is botanically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable for culinary purposes. I'll just call it a Veggie???

Brand wise BMW to VW is an easy one to figure out. However, a German car with 90K miles on it to a new factory warrantied 4 miles on odometer car is easier equation. For me it was an upgrade cause nothing like having a new car again. I do miss the passing power Tomato had but really enjoying just getting in and driving my TDi (diesel) car. I put $20 bucks a week in it and it gets me around everywhere I want. Gotta love diesel efficiency plus the MK6 Golf is assembled in Germany. Tight and precise like a German car ought to be.

Tomato
      07-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advan View Post
He had a 328 E90... "Tomato" in red...

Looks good Carlos... I'm also selling my E90... finally getting my promotion so ...
So I have couple of cars in my mind... E90 has been pain in the butt for me as you know lol
Yo Kev congrats on your promo!!! U sticking with German or jumping over to American or Jap? I could've easily got something new and cheaper but had to stay with German brand. I think there's a white RS 4.0 with your name on it on the Stuttgart assembly line right now. You just don't know it yet

When you get your new toy let me know and I'll be sure to get a good coat of wax/sealant on it to help protect it.

Tomato
      07-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

good job buddy.

like the rims.....
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #7
Hooy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RioGrandeValley View Post
Haaaa this one made me laugh I've always thought a Tomato aka Solanum lycopersicum was a Veggie no?? While it is botanically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable for culinary purposes. I'll just call it a Veggie???

Brand wise BMW to VW is an easy one to figure out. However, a German car with 90K miles on it to a new factory warrantied 4 miles on odometer car is easier equation. For me it was an upgrade cause nothing like having a new car again. I do miss the passing power Tomato had but really enjoying just getting in and driving my TDi (diesel) car. I put $20 bucks a week in it and it gets me around everywhere I want. Gotta love diesel efficiency plus the MK6 Golf is assembled in Germany. Tight and precise like a German car ought to be.

Tomato
Yes, I was speaking strictly botanically. Didn't want you saying "hrm hrm technricarry it is a fahroot" or anything snide

I happen to know personally that the 2.0 Common rail turbo diesel is VERY fuel efficient. Best friend has a MK5 Jetta and that thing easily triples my gas mileage. Only thing is, though, I'd have it as a secondary car instead of a primary. Are you going to add another Bimmer? And promise you won't drop it on any H&R coils. Especially super lows. They ride like a bull butt fucking you over every imperfection on this green earth.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
Hooy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Also, good thing you didn't get a MK6 Jetta. Those things blow now. No more IRS, cheaper interior, and kinda.. big
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #9
Hooy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #10
Advan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Stillen tuned 370Z

Quote:
Yo Kev congrats on your promo!!! U sticking with German or jumping over to American or Jap? I could've easily got something new and cheaper but had to stay with German brand. I think there's a white RS 4.0 with your name on it on the Stuttgart assembly line right now. You just don't know it yet

When you get your new toy let me know and I'll be sure to get a good coat of wax/sealant on it to help protect it.

Tomato
I'm staying German most likely... RS 4.0 sounds awesome, but the promotion doesn't make enough to afford that..

I was looking into 2002-2007 911 Carrera... regular, non S, non GT2/3 etc ...and prob pick up beater for daily...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #11
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
good job buddy.

like the rims.....
Muchas Gracias Carnal espero que todo bien en H-Town. Remember the E90 is your wife's car and you have your own. Stay German or Detroit don't go both ways

Tomate
      07-31-2011, 10:51 PM   #12
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Yes, I was speaking strictly botanically. Didn't want you saying "hrm hrm technricarry it is a fahroot" or anything snide

I happen to know personally that the 2.0 Common rail turbo diesel is VERY fuel efficient. Best friend has a MK5 Jetta and that thing easily triples my gas mileage. Only thing is, though, I'd have it as a secondary car instead of a primary. Are you going to add another Bimmer? And promise you won't drop it on any H&R coils. Especially super lows. They ride like a bull butt fucking you over every imperfection on this green earth.
Hooy

Yes the 2.0 CR is excellent cruiser and has little bit more pep than the MKV 1.9L TDI. My wife used to have a black MKV Jetta PK2 TDi and loved it. Kind of mad at me sometimes for getting her out of it and into her E92 she currently owns. Go figure! Best mileage we got on the MKV Jett was 54.9 MPG while car had trunk and back seat fully loaded with stuff for our trip.
I'll search around and see if I can find pics of it and Tomato on the HD here.

Oh and Thanks A Lot for the Vid clip from NEMO. One of my favorite movies of all time. And YES that is where I came up with the name Sharkbait. Small, agile, always out numbered yet always came up on top no matter what came his way. Wife loved the clip too we were both laughing when we saw it.

Tomato
Attached Images

07-31-2011, 11:00 PM   #13
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advan View Post
I'm staying German most likely... RS 4.0 sounds awesome, but the promotion doesn't make enough to afford that..

I was looking into 2002-2007 911 Carrera... regular, non S, non GT2/3 etc ...and prob pick up beater for daily...
Cool glad to hear that and I say go for the 997 C2. Interior is way better looking than the 996. You can always add the aero kit to it and turn it into a GT3 clone. I too wish my check book could clear on the RS 4.0 Buddy of mine getting first one here in DFW as usual Leave it to good ole German engineering to squeeze out 125 HP per litter out of such a small engine. NA too as a matter of fact No Turbos or SCs just straight NA. WOW!!! Never ever liked the 3s in the past but this up coming 3 is insane.

Tomato
      08-01-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Muchas Gracias Carnal espero que todo bien en H-Town. Remember the E90 is your wife's car and you have your own. Stay German or Detroit don't go both ways

Tomate
lol - my SRT8 is waaaaay more German than it is Detroit.

also, i got my Bimmer back. i gave the SRT to my wife because i was this close to trading it in.

as of right now, i still have them both, but the bimmer is in the parking lot at work.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #15
jmartinez325to335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 black on black

whats up Carlos!!!! Man its been a minute since ive talked to you guys or seen ya. Hope all is well and tell you wife i said hello. So what did you do to all the mods on MR TOMATO?? Or did you sell your car with everything on it? Oh, its Jose by the way.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 02:12 PM   #16
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Nice!
      08-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #17
RioGrandeValley
Major
Rep

Hey Martinez what's up buddy? Only thing I took out of Tomato was the stereo equipment and the spacers. Other than that left few other things on it when I got rid of it. Glad to hear from you again bro!

Ernesto gracias hombre hope all is well down there in the valley. Why don't you take a trip up here and join us in the frying pan place we call DFW. Heard Don was just a tease and no please.

Tomato
      08-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinez325i View Post
whats up Carlos!!!! Man its been a minute since ive talked to you guys or seen ya. Hope all is well and tell you wife i said hello. So what did you do to all the mods on MR TOMATO?? Or did you sell your car with everything on it? Oh, its Jose by the way.
WHO ARE YOU !?!?! ARARAHGAHGAGAHGAGAH !!!!!!!!

lol - but for real - you an old SRT guy !?!?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #19
jmartinez325to335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

WASSAWIDDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Litos!!! I am BIG DADDY TINEZ but everyone calls me Martinez. Nah bro, not an old srt guy. Not really my style, it was either German or back to Muscle, so decide to go German for now.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #20
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
WASSAWIDDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Litos!!! I am BIG DADDY TINEZ but everyone calls me Martinez. Nah bro, not an old srt guy. Not really my style, it was either German or back to Muscle, so decide to go German for now.
dude, i honestly don't know who you are.....

shoot me a PM
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #21
jmartinez325to335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

why is that Litos, am i suppose to know you or did i mention your name? The only person i know is Mr Tomato from here and a few other guys that i dont remember their names.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #22
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
why is that Litos, am i suppose to know you or did i mention your name? The only person i know is Mr Tomato from here and a few other guys that i dont remember their names.
aahhh......

Tomato = Carlos

my name is Carlos too, but my screen name is Litos.

when you addressed "Litos" in your post# 19, i thought you were talking to me HAHAHA !!!!!
Appreciate 0