E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > FS: Black Honda S2000 (MY00) with Hardtop - 85K, FHSH, OEM Bodykit - £6,200 offers

07-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
DaveB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 335i Touring Manual

FS: Black Honda S2000 (MY00) with Hardtop - SOLD

Headlines
Exterior Colour – Berlina Black
Interior Colour – Black Leather
Hardtop – Berlina Black
Full Factory Fitted Body Kit (Front Splitter Lip, Side Strakes, and Rear Spoiler)
S2000 Reg Plate
Mileage – circa 85k miles (I’m still using it so mileage will change)
Full Honda Service History
Tax Due – Mar 2012
MOT Due – Dec 2011

Pictures - see end of post.

Background
I’m the 5th owner and have had the car since Sept 2004 and loved every minute of it. Bought a 335i now hence sale - practicality and performance in 1 package.
The car is a UK Standard car complete with Immobiliser and Alarm. The car has a full Honda Service History and is next due for an MOT in December 2011. The 2011 service has just been done. The car has been my daily runner and as such is very well cared for and maintained. I’ve always made sure the engine was at operating temp for at least 5 mins before Vtec, although I’m not the sort to “hoon” around, much as this car tempts you. I’ve always run it on Super Unleaded, predominantly Shell V-Power.
I’ve maintained a large folder of receipts, MOTs certificates and Service Reports dating back to pre-2004. All suspension bushes and bolts replaced in 2009 by highly recommended Centre Gravity (Full laser geometry done there too) – car handles like new now. Worth mentioning that bushes fitted were Powerflex apart from the Compliance bushes that were Mugen. For those not that aware this an alternative to having all the wishbones replaced at a greater cost. However, the end result is handling that’s equivalent to the full wishbones replacement job.
Throughout my ownership I have sought to retain the car’s originality. The drivetrain is completely original. As a preventative maintenance measure I have had the Diff & Gearbox Oil replaced every 2 years when serviced and always keep the engine topped up with Shell Helix.
The tyres are Toyo T1-Rs 225/50 on the front and 245/45 on the rear – I’ve found this the best compromise for the all year round British weather. All still have at least 4mm on them. The brake discs were replaced in 2008 and have good even wear all round and still got plenty of life left on them. The brake fluid, clutch fluid and battery were replaced in 2011.
The car also comes with an S2000 specific number plate (S200 O**) that is included in the sale. I still have the number plates with the illegal spacing that were on the car when I bought it if you wish to replace the legally spaced ones that I fitted.

Spec (in addition to Standard):
Rare factory-fitted bodykit (front splitter lip, side strakes, rear spoiler) – circa £2k when new.
Fitted Hardtop (purchased from s2ki member) to make the car a GT – fitting kit including rear demister wiring sought from Hardtopguy. This has helped preserve the life of the soft-top hood in winter. Comes with genuine Honda Hard Top stand and silver Hard Top cover.
Muz soft-top protector mat – helps to minimise the scratches to the plastic screen.

Usual Standard Equipment
Air Conditioning (replaced condenser, system cleaned and re-gassed in 2010)
Original Softop Hood - no cracks in the screen, minor hood tears in the usual place at the fold line near the door handle. Screen preserved with Meguiars Mirror Glaze #17 and Plexus. Hood preserved with 303 Aerospace Cleaner and Protectant – ideal for vinyl hoods.
6-Disc changer linked to factory cassette/radio
….if you need to confirm anything else just ask.

So in summary this is a well-kept, low mileage example of a fully specced original Mark 1 Honda S2000 – one of a rare breed and that I’m proud to have owned and thoroughly enjoyed for the last six and half years.

Please PM or call me on 07751515400 if you have any queries or wish to arrange a viewing.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you.

David

PS - I’m located in Derbyshire. Viewings are welcome, however, no tyre-kickers, time-wasters or test pilots please. Test drive will be granted upon presentation of valid insurance certificate and full driving licence (including paper copy).
Attached Images

Last edited by DaveB; 08-11-2011 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Car Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Thumbs up Hello Dave

Hello Dave,

I think our paths may have crossed on S2kuk?
My forum name being the same there too.

Worth putting a few posts on here so people can PM you.
There is a threshold before it becomes active.

Are you advertising here due to a move to BMW ownership then?

Bump for a very well sorted S2000,
(the bushes are a major pain on these but you have done masses of work and all the expensive stuff so NOTHING for a buyer to do!)
GLWTS Dave,

Steve
      07-21-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
DaveB
Enlisted Member
Rep

I thought I recognised the name. Yes, I was on S2ki.
Have bought a 335i to get much wanted practicality combined with performance. Granted it's not as pure a driving experience as the S2000 howevere the 335i certainly ticks a number of boxes.

Thanks for the bump and pointing out that in effect whoever buys the Honda will have nothing to spend on it.

I guess I can't entice you to return back to the Dark Side??
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #4
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

DaveB... werent on Honda-R ages ago were u with a prelude???

Either way.. if i didnt have a little person - id have this off u .. gorgeous piece of kit.

BTW - not sure if i missed it, but does the plate come with it?
      07-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
DaveB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks RCUK, I'm afraid that wasn't me with a Prelude.
Thanks for the compliment.
The plate comes with it.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
DaveB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still for sale. Anyone interested?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
lovely example!!!....very rare to get the honda body kit these days!...

good luck with the sale...

wish i had the money!...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
I guess I can't entice you to return back to the Dark Side??

Sorry, we sold the S2k due to having a son.
In reality we would never use it much, we used to go everywhere together.
So I got the 335i and have played with it a fair bit. Don't want to part with it - this does it all for me.

GLWTS - nothing is moving much at this end of the insurance scale.
And the S2000 is so very cheap to run in reality compared to anything in its peer group it's a shame the public don' seem to realise this.
A 240bhp NA car that revs to 9k and handles like a go cart should appeal to the M3 drivers ans ex bikers too I would think
      08-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #9
DaveB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the comments zltm089 and Steve.

Here's hoping someone who wants a real driving experience and knows what they're going to get from an S2000 comes along. They won't be left disappointed.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 03:14 AM   #10
Spin
fast Cars are safer
England
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe

I'd love this as a second 'fun' car as always been a fan, to me its an ageless design that stil looks fresh today. Sadly I will have to wait until Spring before I can afford one, I almost hope you don't sell it

Good luck with the sale, I have looked at lots recently and this one looks perfect, well cared for by an enthusiast.

"Fast Cars are Safer..."
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
DaveB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks Spin.
At the rate cars are selling at the moment, I reckon you might be the owner of it come next Spring. Can't believe no-one's snapped it up yet. Hey-ho they don't know what they're missing out on particularly since it's the summer and all that.
Road Tax is only £215 since it's pre- April 2001 which is a bonus that many might not be aware of.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
DaveB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sold this evening.

EDIT - Please remove this topic.
Appreciate 0