E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Please Help, Lawyers Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
bimmerfan2008
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sport and premium pa

Please Help, Lawyers Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay so I took my car to get washed yesterday and the person there recommended i get the wheels polished so i told him to go ahead. Well as i am leaving i notice that the wheels are stained so i tell the guy and he trys tipe it off and he cant so he tries to repolish the wheels and it doesnt come off. The owner come out and tells me that he will have a lquid for today that will work. I went today and the liquid didnt work so the owners son tells me that they will take care of the cost of fixing. So heres my dilemma, do i need to get something in writing and have a witness or something. I didnt pay for the wash so i dont have a reciept to show that i was there yesterday. If we have any lawyers or legally savvy peeps on here please shoot me some advise. Also, my wheels are WORK Varianza T1S so should i just take them to a shop locally to get them fixed or should i find out if WORK has a way of fixing them. I know i wuld have to ship which is no problem. I pretty sure the wheels are 2 piece so wouldnt they just replace the lip with a new one? Please and thank you for all the help...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
michael1284
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

With 2 piece wheels, they have to unweld the lip and reweld it back so it's not "just replace" the lip as you make it sound simple. Is this a small mom and pop shop? I'm pretty sure whatever they sign it wouldn't make any difference anyways, as it's such a small fee that the cost of you actually taking to court and everything would be more than the cost of you fixing the wheel yourself. I'm sure you can find a place to fix it for around $100-$150 MAX to polish the stain out. I'm assuming your lips are polished, which means they can easily be polished w/ out worries.
      07-15-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
bimmerfan2008
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sport and premium pa

thanks for the advise
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
E92M356789
El Jefe
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: e30 325i

WORK Varianza T1S aren't cheap,IMO I would make sure that you find a location that could fix it as soon as possible. Also make sure that you stay in contact with the shop that damage the wheels and advised them that you are still looking for a location to get the wheels fix and also include them in the process of looking around. Make sure that you do not get into a pissing contest with them since you do not have any proof that you were there. Stuff like this happens all the time and this is why I wash my car myself and safe a bunch of money doing so. last by not least, do not let too much time go by because they will forget or act dumb, I have seen that happen.
Appreciate 0