E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Beginnner Help

07-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Dr Zoidberg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Beginnner Help

I apologize in advance for the barrage of beginner questions As of now, I am not that interested in coding, Im sure I will be later, but I really want to manipulate all the diagnostic features provided.

I have a '07 328i , and I bought the one-stop-electronics usb-dcan cablle listed here http://www.one-stop-electronics.com/...&product_id=16

and a 1.6ghz HP laptop running windows XP freshly formatted, the only program on it will be this install suite.

The Coding Success thread, didnt really mention if I have to run INPA from within VMware, but another said I will..( see attached PDF)

This http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=770882 is a well written install procedure , but is does not mention having to use VMware..ONly to install the INPA.iso install suite. >>>what gives ? Can someone expand on this?

Will I be able to activate and test modules and solenoids with INPA only , or will I have to install/emulate GT1 as well.

Let me know if there are more current instructions..
thanks for the help
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 350513-D-CAN.pdf (49.8 KB, 399 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

For using INPA, you don't need to run VMWare. You do need VMWare for GT1-DIS. Please post back with step by step instructions once you've figured out how to install GT1-DIS. I'd like to know.
      07-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Dr Zoidberg
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

thanks for the response,

regarding GT1/DIS,

Here are some step by steps to install GT1/DIS , but they are using a Carsoft cablle, Im not sure how that makes a difference.

thanks
Geoff
Appreciate 0