E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Halogen to (OEM) Xenon coded half succesfully? Or?

06-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
zeroXTC
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D - E90

Halogen to (OEM) Xenon coded half succesfully? Or?

I changed my cars halogen lights with OEM xenons. I did the "splice" ground wire setup inside the headlamps before install.

Its a 10/2005 -320D -E90.

After the installation i tried to turn on the car, and i was surpriced to see the lights turned on, cus i had not done the coding. I would get an error on the dash, but that would go away after 20-30 seconds.

Although my headlights will only turn on if the light switch is in the automatic position. If i turn them off, and then on, then they would stay off and i will get an error on the dash (sometimes one would turn on, sometimes they would flash)

I have now added VO $522 and disabled auto_leveing feature AUTO_LWR_ENABLE.

That has not changed anything, it is still the same.. xenons only work on the "autoswitch".

I use halogen for highbeams, and they work fine.

What am i missing here?

Btw. The car has daytime running lights on the low beams, as it is required by law here.

Last edited by zeroXTC; 06-26-2011 at 01:42 PM..
Appreciate 0