BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) Barrichello: Hamilton reminds me of Senna

06-09-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Barrichello: Hamilton reminds me of Senna

In an interview with the Evening Standard, Barrichello talked some on Hamilton's recent outbursts and aggresive racing. Likening him with the late Ayrton Senna.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...-like-senna.do
Quote:
Barrichello said Hamilton reminded him of Senna, the triple world champion from Brazil who was killed in a crash at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix. Senna famously clashed not only with drivers from rival teams but also with his own team-mates before eventually becoming more placid.
      06-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

So all he shares are the negatives... and a yellow helmet. Sounds about right.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Hamilton is good, but NOT "Senna good"....you cannot compare the two just because its in different decade, different era, different politics, different cars, different competitors, different teammates.

If any, Hamilton is and shall build his own legacy and reputation. Not following the Senna's footsteps.
      06-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
So all he shares are the negatives... and a yellow helmet. Sounds about right.
I'm not sure being viewed as sharing the same negatives as the annointed best racer of all time would be such a bad thing.

Anyways, I figured this article would get a rise out of poeple. Especially on this forum.
      06-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Hamilton is good, but NOT "Senna good"....you cannot compare the two just because its in different decade, different era, different politics, different cars, different competitors, different teammates.

If any, Hamilton is and shall build his own legacy and reputation. Not following the Senna's footsteps.
I agree. Its very hard to compare athletes in diffent eras. Someone said last season when the top 5 were fighting for the drivers title that today there are more drivers that can keep up with the best.
The example they gave was that in the late 90s the only real rivalry was schummi and mika. Granted there were other notable drivers on the grid but that was the main race inside the race.
Today there are so many more drivers that can compete at the highest level and they are getting younger and younger. Seb is a perfect example of that.
Hamilton is a great driver. I will not take that from him. And when he wraps up his career he will gave definitely left his mark on the sport. But I think that he's got some time before he can be held in the same regards as Senna.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0