BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

EXXEL Distributions

06-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3

Bad Service From Schomp BMW

Has anyone else bought their M3 from Schomp? My car is currently at the port but my CA either ignores my call and doesn't call back or just tells me he doesn't have any updates till later in the week. I called BMW NA today and talked to customer relations. I told them that my CA told me that he will not receive any updates until the car actually reaches the dealership. The lady on the phone tells me that he is lying because the dealer is the only one who should receive updates at this point and that I should call back. I'm extremely disappointed in their service, as it seems like they just wanna make money off the cars and not actually care for the customer themselves. This makes me wish I knew about Steve Thomas BMW before I ordered from Schomp... I know this may seem like I'm getting mad because the wait is taking so long, but I have basically tracked the car myself the whole time, and the two updates I actually received I knew about before the call. Has anyone else had a bad experience with Schomp?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Zba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.685 E92 M3

Garage List
2011.5 M3  [9.74]
I know how frustrating the wait can be, but I'm not really certain of what kind of info are you looking for? Your car is at the port. When there is an update along the lines of your car being transported to the dealer, I'm sure you will be informed. If you are wanting information like "ok, now your car is being unloaded! Now they are removing the shipping goo!" etc, etc, that's not going to happen.
I heard from my dealer when the car started production, then they set me up with a BMW account to track it myself, and when the car was en route to the dealer I got another call. Remember, you are not their only client.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
dirtyfreebooter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa

Be Patient!

I would say the CA could be a little more enthusiastic, they definitely get updates like when its leaves port, estimated delivery at dealership etc. But in the end, its just a horrible wait. I waited 9 weeks for mine to be delivered to Co's BMW. On top of that, it was scheduled for Saturday arrival at the dealership (of course no one is around to PDC a vehicle on Saturdays), and it actually arrived at Co's on Friday anyway. Of course I couldn't take delivery until Monday night, and it snowed 8 inches over the weekend with my car outside the entire weekend in the snow.

Now, I can probably care less about the whole situation, though I would do more homework next time around. I just enjoy the car itself so much now. I actually thought the 1200 mile break-in period was just as bad as the delivery wait... IMHO. The wait is probably just amplifying the pain. Try to take your mind off it, you'll be enjoying you car soon enough. Be happy you can afford a $70k car in this economic climate.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zba View Post
I know how frustrating the wait can be, but I'm not really certain of what kind of info are you looking for? Your car is at the port. When there is an update along the lines of your car being transported to the dealer, I'm sure you will be informed. If you are wanting information like "ok, now your car is being unloaded! Now they are removing the shipping goo!" etc, etc, that's not going to happen.
I heard from my dealer when the car started production, then they set me up with a BMW account to track it myself, and when the car was en route to the dealer I got another call. Remember, you are not their only client.
Well I called my dealer last week and my CA told me the shipped docked and told me it would be here over the weekend. I called him on Friday and he said it won't be here till next week (which is this week). And now he is not even sure when it will get here. I am just getting frustrated with their service and misleading information. I know I am not the only customer but the least they could do is call me back when they are free instead of waiting for me to call another day. My CA gave me very little information throughout the whole build of the car. I have tracked the car myself through BMW OC and the BMW NA 800 number and now the car is at the point where neither I or the BMW NA customer relations can track it. The lady I spoke with through customer relations said that my dealer is the one that will receive updates at this point. I'm not expecting them to tell me when the car is unloaded or whatever. I just want them to tell me when my car will actually get here. I would rather have them tell me the truth instead of making dates up like "Yeah it should be here this weekend."
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
ShakeNBake
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robackja View Post
I would say the CA could be a little more enthusiastic, they definitely get updates like when its leaves port, estimated delivery at dealership etc. But in the end, its just a horrible wait. I waited 9 weeks for mine to be delivered to Co's BMW. On top of that, it was scheduled for Saturday arrival at the dealership (of course no one is around to PDC a vehicle on Saturdays), and it actually arrived at Co's on Friday anyway. Of course I couldn't take delivery until Monday night, and it snowed 8 inches over the weekend with my car outside the entire weekend in the snow.

Now, I can probably care less about the whole situation, though I would do more homework next time around. I just enjoy the car itself so much now. I actually thought the 1200 mile break-in period was just as bad as the delivery wait... IMHO. The wait is probably just amplifying the pain. Try to take your mind off it, you'll be enjoying you car soon enough. Be happy you can afford a $70k car in this economic climate.
You are right, this wait is slowly getting to me. I can't imagine how I would feel if I was in the situation you were before you picked up your car. While I am still a bit disapointed with Schomp, I think when the car actually gets here it will be a lot better. Now only a week or two to go hopefully
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #6
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

I had a very good experience on the sales side. The sales manager (Jeff IIRC) is really enthusiastic and responsive. My problems with them were with the service department, not very good (maybe what you would expect with such a high volume dealer.)
      06-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Zba
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.685 E92 M3

Garage List
2011.5 M3  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICE///M3! View Post
I just want them to tell me when my car will actually get here. I would rather have them tell me the truth instead of making dates up like "Yeah it should be here this weekend."
I agree here. If you aren't sure of the delivery date, don't just make it up. Honesty is the best policy, even if the news is not the best.
I was making myself sick with excitement waiting for the car to arrive. Finally I let it be and before I knew it I got the call that the car had arrived at the dealer. Sit back and relax, you will have plenty of time to enjoy the beast!

p.s. I am not necessarily sticking up for Schomp as I have had zero experience with them
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
SlamMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90

I felt the same way when my car was being redelivered from Euro delivery but my car took about 15 weeks for redelivery when it should have been 8-10. If your car is within the standard delivery window you should probably just do something to take your mind off of it. I agree the CA shouldn't have said your car should be here at a certain time unless he new for sure. Unfortunately there's nothing the dealer can do to speed things up. As far as I know all the info they have is also available to you on the BMW Web site anyway.
      03-31-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Shomp is apparently the busiest BMW dealer in the country and sells more BMWs then any other (according to their sales department)... it makes sense their service levels might be taking a beating due to volumes. No exuse but something to keep in mind.
Appreciate 0