2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Business Nav

06-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D M Sport (6MT)

Post Business Nav

Does anyone have a Business Nav? If so please post pics and provide a review. I currently have an E92 and don't have a Nav. Ordered an F10 and thought it would be good to have an inbuilt Nav but thought £2000 for Pro Nav was way too expensive for a Nav despite, hard drive and 3D images, so settled for the cheaper Business Nav. However, I can't forget how good the Pro Nav looked when I test drove the car. I've been tempted to change my order. I tried once and the dealer told me when he amended some orders the delivery was delayed by up to 4 months, so don't want to risk it. Help!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qainuh View Post
Does anyone have a Business Nav? If so please post pics and provide a review. I currently have an E92 and don't have a Nav. Ordered an F10 and thought it would be good to have an inbuilt Nav but thought £2000 for Pro Nav was way too expensive for a Nav despite, hard drive and 3D images, so settled for the cheaper Business Nav. However, I can't forget how good the Pro Nav looked when I test drove the car. I've been tempted to change my order. I tried once and the dealer told me when he amended some orders the delivery was delayed by up to 4 months, so don't want to risk it. Help!!
Firstly my advice would be go for the pro nav ! I really don't think you will regret it for the difference in cost unless budget is tight .... My current F11 has pro and I had an extended loan of an f10 last year with business nav and in my view worlds apart.... For me the display is worth it alone.

Secondly ... Dont listen to the dealer about 4 months delay because amending .... unless there is a part supply problem this is pretty much rubbish and likely to be sheer laziness because he can't be bothered to do the change on the system and change the order paperwork.

M
      06-04-2011, 03:45 AM   #3
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukstevens View Post
Firstly my advice would be go for the pro nav ! I really don't think you will regret it for the difference in cost unless budget is tight .... My current F11 has pro and I had an extended loan of an f10 last year with business nav and in my view worlds apart.... For me the display is worth it alone.

Secondly ... Dont listen to the dealer about 4 months delay because amending .... unless there is a part supply problem this is pretty much rubbish and likely to be sheer laziness because he can't be bothered to do the change on the system and change the order paperwork.

M
Thanks ukstevens. I went into the order with a few options that are a must for me and driving for 4 years without an integrated Nav meant that a Nav wasn't at the top of my list, so was reluctant to spend the money on this option. However, having selected a Nav in the end, I don't mind spending the extra £450 or so to upgrade but I fear it's too late. I'm going to contact my dealer today, but as mentioned on another post, he said he is expecting the car to arrive at the end of June, so it is probably now in production.

Spec below:

520d M Sport
Sophisto Grey II
Xenon Lights
19 inch Alloys
M Rear Spoiler
Sun Protection Glass
Windscreen with grey shade band
Sunroof
Black Dakota Leather (I have a messy 13 month old)
Light Ash Grain trim
Split folding rear seats
Business Media
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:17 AM   #4
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

The Pro Nav is well worth having - not only does the much bigger display look better itself, you don't have the plastic fillers to make the smaller screen fit in the same hole which look ugly. You also get all the HDD media and stuff.

You've spent a lot - an extra monkey is well worth it!
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #5
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks xenon. I'm going to make the change if possible. It's the only thing in my spec list that I remain uncomfortable about. I'm waiting to hear from the dealer whether it has gone into production.

Update:
Spoke to the dealer and he said his systems are down but he believes it went into production this week. He'll check first thing on Monday and if it hasn't gone into production he will change it. However, I'm not holding my breath.... I have a feeling he doesn't want to amend the order.

Last edited by Qainuh; 06-04-2011 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Thanks xenon. I'm going to make the change if possible. It's the only thing in my spec list that I remain uncomfortable about. I'm waiting to hear from the dealer whether it has gone into production.

Update:
Spoke to the dealer and he said his systems are down but he believes it went into production this week. He'll check first thing on Monday and if it hasn't gone into production he will change it. However, I'm not holding my breath.... I have a feeling he doesn't want to amend the order.
Sorry Qainuh .... I didnt notice that it was you who had posted about delivery on the other thread ...... if delivery is expected at the end of the month almost certain it will be too late to change.

Nice spec though !! You'll still be very happy with that

M
      06-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sorry Qainuh .... I didnt notice that it was you who had posted about delivery on the other thread ...... if delivery is expected at the end of the month almost certain it will be too late to change.

Nice spec though !! You'll still be very happy with that

M
Hey ukstevens... The thing is my dealer has never spoken about an end of June delivery with any certainty. He always says that he will "try" to deliver it by then or he "would like" to deliver it by the end of June. The delivery on the order is scheduled for July. Thanks... mostly happy with the spec.... have all the external options I want (forgot to add model designation deletion above) but doubts about the nav. I should stop looking at all the nice pics on this forum :-). If it's gone into production then guess the positive is I'll get my new F10 this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #8
Captain Chaos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: cars n stuff

FWIW, mine was scheduled for Wk2 July, now been told it's in the run and it'll be Wk 4 June - those dates look very similar to yours so I'd try first thing Monday and see if you're lucky.. I changed my spec 3 or 4 times and my date came forwards regardless, so the info you have isn't concrete.

And yes, I've seen Business and I've had (and ordered) Pro - IMO it's easily worth the extra, if only to get rid of those cheap-ass black screen blanks!!

(To add, leave the car with it's ass in the sun for an hour, whip out an old credit card, 10 mins later you've done your DIY model deletion )
      06-05-2011, 05:05 AM   #9
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
FWIW, mine was scheduled for Wk2 July, now been told it's in the run and it'll be Wk 4 June - those dates look very similar to yours so I'd try first thing Monday and see if you're lucky.. I changed my spec 3 or 4 times and my date came forwards regardless, so the info you have isn't concrete.

And yes, I've seen Business and I've had (and ordered) Pro - IMO it's easily worth the extra, if only to get rid of those cheap-ass black screen blanks!!

(To add, leave the car with it's ass in the sun for an hour, whip out an old credit card, 10 mins later you've done your DIY model deletion )
what date did you order? My order form says expected delivery WK4 July, but ordered since WK3 April.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #10
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Your dealer will be able to look on his system and tell you exactly what stage the car is now..... dont let him fob you off with wishy washy answers just because he cant be bothered to look .... I say that assuming its a main dealer and not a broker or leasing company ? because they wont have first hand access to that info.

M
      06-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Your dealer will be able to look on his system and tell you exactly what stage the car is now..... dont let him fob you off with wishy washy answers just because he cant be bothered to look .... I say that assuming its a main dealer and not a broker or leasing company ? because they wont have first hand access to that info.

M
Well, I'm dealing with Sytner. When did you order your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #12
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Well, I'm dealing with Sytner. When did you order your car?
My order was placed on 26th May and took a slot already in the system that had been ordered by the dealer, so they amended the spec from theirs to my vehicle. By Monday 30th the order was locked down and became non amendable (because they tried to add surround-view for me and couldn't). It is shown for week 23 production (this coming week) and is expected week 27 (w/c 4th July), however the dealer is confident they will have the vehicle before month end.

M
      06-06-2011, 04:36 AM   #13
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

:-(

Too late for me. The car is already being built so no changes to the order.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

I had the business Nav and although it works it's pretty poor. I've just changed for a new X5 with professional Nav and it's so much better. The split screen is really needed as on the business Nav whenever you display the Radio, telephone etc it will keep constantly switching back to Nav if you have a destination set. On the split screen it won't do that. Also when setting and choosing alternate routes there is no map overview like on the professional Nav so you have no idea which route it is taking you.

And then there are the plastic spacers in the dash which look cheap!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 07:23 AM   #15
Captain Chaos
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: cars n stuff

Quote:
what date did you order? My order form says expected delivery WK4 July, but ordered since WK3 April.
Missed your reply. I ordered Wk1 May, current update is delivery Wk3 this month.
      06-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #16
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I had the business Nav and although it works it's pretty poor. I've just changed for a new X5 with professional Nav and it's so much better. The split screen is really needed as on the business Nav whenever you display the Radio, telephone etc it will keep constantly switching back to Nav if you have a destination set. On the split screen it won't do that. Also when setting and choosing alternate routes there is no map overview like on the professional Nav so you have no idea which route it is taking you.

And then there are the plastic spacers in the dash which look cheap!
Ummm.... I thought I posted that I can't change it, so no need to rub it in folks. Considering I'm upgrading from a tom tom with a 4 inch screen... I'll be content with the business nav... plus don't think anyone will be wondering if I have a pro nav when I drive by with my amazing external spec, nope...they'll be busy drooling :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #17
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

Quote:
Ummm.... I thought I posted that I can't change it, so no need to rub it in folks. Considering I'm upgrading from a tom tom with a 4 inch screen... I'll be content with the business nav... plus don't think anyone will be wondering if I have a pro nav when I drive by with my amazing external spec, nope...they'll be busy drooling :-)
Exactly. There are a huge number of options I would have gone for if it was possible, but they are just additional trinkets. What is going to put a smile on my face when my car arrives is how It looks, how it drives and what having a big Beemer makes me feel like. Quite sure I will learn to live with the shame of not having ProNav.....
      06-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #18
Qainuh
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochdale Pioneers View Post
Exactly. There are a huge number of options I would have gone for if it was possible, but they are just additional trinkets. What is going to put a smile on my face when my car arrives is how It looks, how it drives and what having a big Beemer makes me feel like. Quite sure I will learn to live with the shame of not having ProNav.....
Lol... I second that!
Appreciate 0